Hello iVillage!

iVillage Member
Hello iVillage!
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:52pm

I've been apart of iVillage for a few months not but have not partipated in the forums. I figured the other day I may as well jump right in so here I am. 

I am Jamie. I have five children at home (ages 15, 10, 5, 3, and one year on the 17th). I lean toward the natural/attached ways of parenting. I breastfeed and extended breastfeed, baby wear, cloth diaper, homeschool for preschool, etc.

We live in a rural town in the Southern Tier of New York where we own a home, and a small business. My first priority is my children and Daddy mans the biz location while I stay home with the kids 5 days out of the week. Two days out of the week-give or take- the kids and I go there so I can work and bake. 

We have three dogs and 2.5 cats; two cats are ours and we have one that's a stray that we feed and care for).

Looking forward to getting to know the others that post in here! 

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 10:42am

Happy birthday to your youngest!  Are you planning a big party?

I think that's wonderful that you and your DH run a business and you're able to go in a couple times a week.  Is it a bakery?

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 10:43am
Hi! I'm new here as well, don't quite have "tons of kids" yet, but working on it. We have 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a 19 year old "adopted" lil brother who lives with us. I desperately want to grow our family but have to wait a little bit. I, too, lean toward the natural parenting style. I have not done cloth diapers but have thought lots about it. Not sure how you do it with all the other laundry and would love to hear your advice. We have been thinking about it for our next baby and also for the potty training days when our 18 month old gets there. I think it's so cool that you have a.... bakery or restaurant I'm assuming? I love to cook. Would love to hear more about it! Meagan

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-21-2012 - 9:01am
We usually have to do a load of laundry every other day to keep up. I don't like running the machine unless it's full. It's really not too hard to keep up with once you get into the routine. The younger ones like to try their hands at folding, so while it does take longer to get done they do help and learn a bit about symmetry at the same time. They usually just match socks and fold towels.