Hello everyone!

iVillage Member
Hello everyone!
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 10:06pm

I've been apart of iVillage for a few months not but have not partipated in the forums. I figured the other day I may as well jump right in so here I am. 

I am Jamie. I have five children at home (ages R is15, A is10, B is 5, K is 3, and N will beone year on the 17th). I lean toward the natural/attached ways of parenting. We live in a rural town in the Southern Tier of New York where we own a home, a small business. My first priority is my children and Daddy mans the biz location while I stay home with the kids 5 days out of the week. Two days out of the week-give or take- the kids and I go there so I can work and bake. 

We have three dogs and 2.5 cats; two cats are ours and we have one that's a stray that we feed and care for). 

I will refer to my five year old son as "B". He loves Angry Birds, trains, Monster Trucks, and playing restaurant. I homeschooled preschool with him at 3 and 4 and he started public school Kindergarten last month. 

Community Leader
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 11:34am

Welcome to the board Jamie!!  I am Tracy, living in Central Texas with DH, DD Jordyn (17) a senior in high school, DD Emma (5) and in kindergarten, and Madison (3).  I also have a step son who is almost 14 that visits us a few times a year.  We also own a business, DH mans most of that, I do most of the bookkeeping for it and I work full time outside of the home and currently thinking about going to a part-time contract work and staying at home to put more time and energy into DH's business.  Welcome, welcome, always love seeing "new" memers! 

Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 11:31am

I have a grandson that just turned 5.  I couldn't find the old playgroup associated with his birthdate, Oct. 2007, so I thought I'd try this one.  I wasn't a frequent poster in that group since he's my grandson and not my son.  After his 5 year old check-up, I thought I'd check in to see how he compared to other kids.  Layton is a very tall boy, 4'1" already, so he towers over the kids in his preschool class and his soccer team.  He was a little bit developmentally behind other kids who had siblings and playmates but now that he's going to preschool 5 days a week, he's caught up fast. He just needed kids to play with.  Layton will start kindergarten next year.  When it is your first child or your first grandchild, you want them to hit all these milestones quickly.  With the youngest, it is bittersweet to see them hit them.  They remind you that they grow up too fast.  I hope all is well with you and your children.

Cheri, grandmother of three 16 year olds, an eleven, an eight, and a five year old.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 12:10pm

Welcome to the board crunchywonderwoman and Cheriroe! VERY glad to have you with us!

Lisa 

Community Leader
Tue, 11-20-2012 - 11:53am
Goodness your grandson is a tall one isn't he!! I am not sure how tall Emma is, but I think she's close to about 3 feet 6 inches. I measure her against the wall often and she's grown an inch since school started, but I haven't actually use the tape measure to see how tall she is. But she seems pretty average sized compared to the other classmates I have seen her next to at school.
Photobucket