iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:32pm

Hello, my name is jessie and my and my hubby mike have been trying to get pregnant for the last 14 months. im 34 he's 32 and he has 3 sons from his previous relationship (ages 5,7, 9) and i have one daughter who is 13 from a previous marriage. After my daughter i did Depo for 4 years and then copper IUD for 2 years then pills for 2 years. I havent been on anything for 5 years and im nervous because I havent gotten pregnant since my daughter and im wondering if im infertile now.  Im unsure of what to do next for trying to have another baby and i desparately want another child soon and i heard it get harder as you get older and i'll be 35 in may so im very worried. It took only 2 months to conceive my daughter so i assumed it would be quick this time but 14 months and nothing at all. what can i do?

iVillage Member
In reply to: jtecxidor30
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 2:31am

Hi Jessie! Welcome to the board. I'm so glad to meet you. What you you doing to actively get pregnant other than DTD(doing thedeed)? Do you know exactly when you o? Are you charting, using opk's or any of that stuff? If so hows that going?

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 1:06am

Hello Cat and thanks! well so far i havent done anything other than using my kindle app to predict ovulation and checking them CM. I also bought a basal therm to check every morning but my schedule is crazy since my daughter is in online school and hubby works nights so we sleep anytime which is so bad i know lol, i need to get on a schedule but we just made a huge move from NYC to Las Vegas 1 month ago so im super busy and stressed but so far my AF is always on time give or take a day with my app. im looking into losing a few pounds and taking some vitamins but im not sure which ones to take. My friends swear by the Lydia Pinkham pills so i was thinking of starting those too, as well DTD every two days if possible!  How long have you been trying? BTW your daughter Amelia is beautiful!

iVillage Member
In reply to: Acortie
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 4:30pm
Hello. I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 1/2 years now and am currently doing iui. Here is some advice since I've been through it all at this point. I recommend Babyhopes.com if you need to order TTC products. Their customer service is great and they have free shipping. If you use lube, you need to use Preseed, which is sperm friendly...at least the week you are going to ovulate. They also have some herbal tabs if you're interrested in a natural approach. You may also want to see a reproductive endocrinologist to get checked out. I found that talking infertility to my ob/gyn was useless. And I've seen 3 different ones in different practices, but they don't specialize in infertility like an RE. You can also easily get your husbands sperm checked out. Thats pretty simple and inexpensive. There seem to be a lot of people with secondary infertility. I have several friends in this situation. Babyhopes also has special condoms for semen collection and my husband prefers to collect that way..it's much easier than trying to aim in a cup. Good luck and I hope there's a simple solution out there waiting to be discovered. P.s. I don't work for babyhopes but maybe I should.
iVillage Member
In reply to: Acortie
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 4:32pm
Hello. I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 1/2 years now and am currently doing iui. Here is some advice since I've been through it all at this point. I recommend Babyhopes.com if you need to order TTC products. Their customer service is great and they have free shipping. If you use lube, you need to use Preseed, which is sperm friendly...at least the week you are going to ovulate. They also have some herbal tabs if you're interrested in a natural approach. You may also want to see a reproductive endocrinologist to get checked out. I found that talking infertility to my ob/gyn was useless. And I've seen 3 different ones in different practices, but they don't specialize in infertility like an RE. You can also easily get your husbands sperm checked out. Thats pretty simple and inexpensive. There seem to be a lot of people with secondary infertility. I have several friends in this situation. Babyhopes also has special condoms for semen collection and my husband prefers to collect that way..it's much easier than trying to aim in a cup. Good luck and I hope there's a simple solution out there waiting to be discovered. P.s. I don't work for babyhopes but maybe I should...
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 10:27pm

Hi, and thanks i will go to babyhopes now and see what they have!