Of course!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Of course!
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:13am

I mentioned in a previous post that since starting my A, my husband has been more attentive.  After I (rightly) got my head into perspective about my relationship with AP, now HE is showing more emotion and attentiveness in his emails!  He emailed me like ten times today, long past the hour when he normally stops for the afternoon. And, he emailed twice last night while I was sleeping, asking if I was awake.  Normally, he just emails a goodnight email once and if I don't respond (I didn't last night, because I was already asleep), he doesn't try again. I email the next morning, and that's it. But he keeps reaching out way more than normal.

It doesn't phase me, I'm still keeping this all very in-check.  But I find it interesting that the minute you pull away (even if you think it's just in your own head - I didn't tell him my perspective changed), men chase. Why didn't I figure this out when I was single? Could have saved me a bunch of heartache. :smileyhappy:

I don't know...just some random observations I guess. This is still all new to me, and I wonder if you all experience this.  It's still hard to keep it all in perspective, I won't lie - especially when he is seemingly pulling me in - but I'm holding strong. He's just a fun toy. A distraction.  It is fun, I will admit. I haven't had this much male attention in a decade! 

Community Leader
In reply to:
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:39am

Beware some men chase, others do not.

chaika

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 9:30am

Interesting the games we play, even subconsiously, at our age.  Perhaps he's just worried about losing you and is going the extra mile to prevent it?  Maybe he's feeling guilty for his past actions (inattentiveness?) and is trying to rectify them?

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 11:47am

It is nice to have the power sometimes!  Also, as a sidenote, I would learn from this that apparently your feelings are pretty transparent to others if both of the men are picking up on your changes of mindset so quickly.  Just keep this in mind because it may make things tricky later on.