Tuesdsay ramblings
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 6:41am

Whats happening today

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 6:43am
School today.
Possible presentation today-we won't know til she draws.
Business Law test this morning.
Reviewing for possible present at noon.
Need to stop at michaels, out of pages for smilies book.
10 month photo shoot tonight.
going to put taco soup in the crock pot now.
thats all.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 7:59am
Sounds like plenty. May the drawing gods be with you. :smileywink: hoping for the best~

&nb
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 8:05am
My day got off to a bad start when I went to leave this morning. Both headlights on my car were out so I couldn't leave until the sun came out, which meant I had to spend more time in traffic than I would like!

Should be a busy day... 2 classes , 2 meetings, then the gym then home.

I have taco soup in the crockpot too Stacy!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 8:06am

This day suddenly got very very FULL ....

chiro this morning ... YEAAAAAA!  Need it bad!

stop at the hospital after to see parishioner from yesterday

stop at Dollar Tree to pick up the last of the water bottles I need

stop at Dollar General for one last bag of rice

office to do housekeeping/filing and a phone call and a reminder email and check the PYT accounts plus

social media updates

YQ worship prep for Sunday

then Balcony Time

followed by a middle school basketball game at 3:30   4:15  (3:30 is the 7th grade game time, ~4:15 is the 8th grade game time)  (SO glad I'm doing Balcony Time so close to the church these days!  makes a WORLD of difference on days like this!)

then home

then a baseball fundraising meeting -- which I just learned about last night -- *ugh*

HOPEFULLY home in time to see Private Practice before bed ... if not, it will be dvr'd

&nb
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 8:31am

Maybe I need to put Taco soup in the crock pot too! It is going to be rainy & colder today.

the 3 have left, Mira is still sleeping, and Silvara is purring on my lap.

I need to pick up the grocery order for the Wednesday night meal at church tomorrow and drop that off. I'm staying home the rest of the day to hole up at my desk and work on my presentation.

It's my day to drive Volleyball carpool - last one. We kinda forgot this morning so have to switch cars at noon. Which reminds me, I haven't heard a THING about Sarah's basketball tryouts last week. Wonder what's up with that?

Lay mnistry meeting tonight - maybe. Two of our group have begged off due to illness and visiting grandbabies, so it will be a short meeting at any rate.

Wonder if I have all the fixin's for Taco soup? Maybe Chicken Noodle - the girls have been asking and I know I have everything for that.

Michelle
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 10:01am

I put a beef stew in the crock pot.  I asked Sarah about taco soup last night and she didn't think it sounded good.  She may be coming down with something; sore throat and coughing.  Come to think of it, I have a sore throat and cough too. 

Today was early to school.  Then I went back home to find some photos for the cross country coach and get them uploaded.Now I am at the office.  Short day because Sarah has piano tonight.  I asked her to stay at afterschool for a bit, so I will not pick her up until 3:45, just in time for her lesson.  I am going to pay bills during the lesson.  Then pick Em (and maybe a friend?) up from school and we will go home and have that stew before Sarah goes off to volleyball and Em (and friend) go to one act. 

I have a kink in my head.  When I turn my head I get a shooting pain in the back of my head.  I have a bit of a headache anyway and that does NOT help.  I've been trying to do some neck/shoulder stretches thinking that has to help.  Eh.  I would like to go back to bed

Good luck to everyone with their days! 

Karens siggy
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 10:25am
Sorry about the kink Karen :smileysad:. and the sore throats. Ugh. You reminded me I need to get Garden photos edited and to the Food Corps guys - been on my list for more than a week, but photos for our scrappy weekend were priority #1.

Stacy, I hope your tests go well, and no presentation today!

Becca, I hope your meetings also go well.

Julie, I hope your balcony time is productive and the volleyball game exciting!

I decided on the chicken soup, popovers and some sort of roasted vegetable. I know I'll want a distraction around lunchtime anyway.

Well, finished with a little cleanup and the church pick-up/drop-off, so no more procrastinating for me.
Michelle
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 10:46am

Hey, remember when we were talking about eating together as a family recently.  Emilee made a comment this morning that I thought was really telling.  She has a friend that is in both cross country and one act.  This friend lives right across the street from the school, so on some nights (like last night), Em had gone to the friend's house in between the two rather than coming home.  Anyway, Em told me this morning that T "never eats supper."  She went on to say her friend has fast food or leftovers every night.  So she is EATING, but she does not eat supper with her family.  The parents are very busy, as are both girls.  This is the friend that might come to our house tonight.  I felt bad about the situation and said Em should have her come to our house.

Just got a call from the school pleading for some throat drops for Sarah. 

Karens siggy
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:04pm

Stacy, sounds like you have a pretty good day coming! Karen, sounds like you all had a great weekend. Becca, hope you have a good day, and productive! Karen, I forgot but hope your head feels better.

Julie, busy as always! Hope you have a good day too. I'll be watching Private Practice too. Who else? Oh MJ, is Mira not feeling well? If not, get better Mira! :smileyhappy:

Me: Well we are having World War III here. I have no idea what is up with Snowy and Cookie. Last night Cookie had her cornered against the wall and she was kind of freaking out. So, we brought her into the bedroom and now I can't get her to get out so she can go eat. Cookie rarely jumps on her anymore but they are both kind of scared of each other. Weird.

Julie, I know...I don't know how I have so much patience either, but I guess it's knowing that it's going to happen from time to time and I just deal with it.

The rest of the day I will be working on the craft fair/Etsy stuff. I went to HL to get some papers and stuff that is hippie related for this craft fair a week from Saturday. Hopefully it all sells! Dancing with the Stars, The Voice, and other shows I think tonight.

Not sure about dinner. Neither one of us have really felt like eating any meat so we don't have any here. Maybe either a pizza or spaghetti or something like that. Chicken noodle soup does sound kind of good though! Dh's mom makes an awesome chicken noodle soup.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 2:23pm
Hi!
New assistant started yesterday --- so actually getting a few minutes of "play" time.
Nothing much to report - lots of working and shuffling kids. We've gotten into a pretty good routine and I'm really enjoying the evenings spent just hanging out with them.
Gymnastics and Cici's pizza tonight!! My one guilty pleasure left. lol

Hope everyone is having a nice day!!
Jill
CL-Signature Showcase
Mom to Rossalyn (8/22/07) and Sean (12/29/08)
Resort manager, avid scrapbooker, and Disney World guru.

Pages