October Roll Call

iVillage Member
October Roll Call
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 8:40am

Hello, it's me, Karen aka Nawleans and I thought it time to do another roll call since we are nicely into my most favorite month.

I'm 44 years old, married way too long, have a 19 year old son.  I'm in desperate need of a new vehicle; I want a truck.  My hobbies include painting, crafts of just about any kind and yes, I crochet, gardening and reading.  I'm a gamer so I play a lot of online games and I did once and only once kick my son's butt in Halo.  

So please check in and introduce yourself.  If you are willing and up to it share with me what type of car you drive and/or what type of car you think is the best. 

I currently drive a 2000 Mazda 626.  It is my second Mazda and I really loved it but she is on her last leg and begging me to put her out of her misery.  It is really time to say goodbye to Betty-Lou.  Yes, I name my cars.  Before Betty-Lou I had a Mazda Protege that I called Emma-Jean and she was a lovely teal color which confuses men.  I would take the car in for repairs and go to pick it up and they would refer to it as either the green car or the blue car.  LOL!  

I'm leaning towards the Chevy Silverado.  That is one big hulkin' truck and I love that about it.  LOL!   I'm all of 5'5" and 112lbs and I look good in this truck.  ROFL.   I want a Gold one or a Black one.  I'm partial to black but dh hates black and I hate red and white so Gold was a compromise on both parts.  DS wants me to get a blue one.  He has no vote. 

P.S. my dream car is a Maserati, when I win the mega lotto.  

siggy line

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 2:01pm

It looks like we will be driving a Ford.  The guy at the chevy place ticked me off.  I went back to test drive an Avalanche and he flat out told me I couldn't afford that vehicle.  I was so pissed off I had to tell him off.  Not something I usually do.  I have $60,000 to spend on a new vehicle and it won't be from him.  

We should get the money on Friday and I will promptly go to the Ford dealership and purchase some truck from their lot. 

That guy wouldn't even show us the vehicle.  Then the next day I got a call to see how my first visit went well I told him the first one went okay but the second one was a disaster.   I laid it all out for him.  He appologized to me and said he would have another agent contact me, I said don't bother, it's too late now.  My mom said I should be ashaimed of myself because the guy will probably lose his job.  I thought for a second and said, he does deserve to lose it.  He insulted a potential customer.  I was dressed averagely.  I had on mom clothes you know, jeans and a halloween shirt. 

I'm still ticked off. 

siggy line

Community Leader
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:47pm

I'm Sue, almost 44, just celebrated 21 years of being married to my hubby (together for 24).  I enjoy creating computer graphics, quilting, crocheting, vegetarian cooking, collecting vegetarian cookbooks, and reading.  And my kids.  They're actually my #1 hobby, LOL.

I just upgraded vehicles, from an '09 Chevy Equinox to a '12 Chevy Equinox.  I like the '12 so much better!  First of all, the XM radio works in it.  (It just up and quit working and no one could get it to reactivate in my old car.)  The old car was AWD and this one isn't so it gets about 10 mpg better.  Hallelujah!  My car is "dark green smoke metallic" or some such color...it was a limited time color.  My hubby liked mine so much that he went and got one a few weeks later...his is gold, and because he's not usually playing chauffeur like I do, his has many fewer miles on it.  Lucky guy.  I like the easy handling, and the roomy trunk area, without feeling like I'm driving a gas hog boat down the road.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 6:29pm

I love love the Mazdas.  They are great cars.  I've had mine for 12 years and wish that it didn't need a new engine.  It has almost 200,000 miles on it.  I love it and hate to see it go but it has to go.  DH can't get up out of it anymore and poor DS is so tall his legs don't fit in it. 

So I test drove a Fort F150 XLT and a Chevy Silverado.  I liiked the Ford so much better.  I can't wait to get the money so we can get a new ride.

siggy line

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 11:11am
Oh & I'm not planning on getting rid of my Prot Mazda either, my sister/oldest dd will drive it
~~Sam stitches well with others, runs with scissors in her pocket. Cheerful and stupid.
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 11:09am
Karen, Because I have over 60+ mile round trip commute 4 to 6 days, I have to be worried about gas mileage {1 of the reasons I want to stick with the Mazda}, Sweet Peter's ford Ranger has over 200,000 miles on it, so we need 2 new gigs. I think he wants either a newish Ranger or maybe a Toyota Tacoma {nothing like driving a truck with the name of your town on it LOL} I drive bigger trucks daily, so I totally get what your talking about. But just so you know, I saw a accident between semi & larger truck like your talking about. Because I saw it, I had to pull over & wait for Washington state patrol to make a witness report. I was talking to the semi driver & he told me its hard to see the small gigs {like I don't/didn't know that}
~~Sam stitches well with others, runs with scissors in her pocket. Cheerful and stupid.
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 10:45am

I like Mazdas but I need/want something bigger.  I rented a Silverado and loved being up high and honestly I got more respect on the interstate and roads.  I want that again.  I'm off to go look today.  Just looking.  I have to wait for the money to come in.

siggy line

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 10:58pm
Hello, Samantha here {aka:smileyfrustrated:am} 54, Washington state native, married to sweet Peter 11 yrs {been together 13 yrs} I have 3 adult dd's, 3 sil & 3 grand kids with number 4 due around my BD in May. I have a 2003 Mazda prot 5, dark navy blue. I've been run off I-5 & I-90 by semis, so both dh & I feel I need a larger gig, I want a Mazda CX5, my dream car is the Porsche hybrid cayenne {black like the 1st season used by Decoded crew} I like to knit, cross stitch & read.