comments madeby husband's friends and cousins

iVillage Member
comments madeby husband's friends and cousins
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 10:38am

On Saturday night, my husband and I were sitting outside of our house with some friends and his cousin (female). Out of nowhere, one of his friends asked me why my husband is never out without and how my husband changed since he's been married because before he would always go out to a bar. Then his friends concluded with that I must be angry with him when he goes out without me. I did get mad at him couple of times, but not because he went to a bar but because he called me that he is coming home and to prepare dinner and then he would stop in a bar and not come home for couple of hours. Like I said, it's only because he would tell me he is coming and then nothing.

Anyways, I did not want to get into this discussion with his friends because first of all I don't know him that well and second of all I did not like that he brought up in front of other people. I was little bit embarassed so I decided to go inside the house. My husband followed me because he did not understand exactly what his friend said. I told him everything and then my husband went outside and told him to go even though at this point his friend wanted to apologize but my husband just asked him to leave.

At this point, everyone was getting readu to go dancing (it was not planned and they decided in that moment). My husband asked his cousin to come and speak to me to see if I wanted to go dancing. However, when she came in, she just told me that I have to understand that my husband used to go out all the time and it is not fair that he is always with me. At this point, I just had it and asked everyone to leave me alone. Some people left to go dancing and my husband stayed in the garden with few other friends.

I'm very angry at his friend and cousin and I feel like if they have a problem with my husband not going out with them like before, they need to speak with him and not me. Also, I feel like that it is possible that my husband said something like I got mad at him when he went to a bar and now everyone is blowing everything out of proportion.

What do you think? Any advice is welcome....

Pages

iVillage Member

haha you made me laugh! Sometimes I find myself using hand gestures and then I laugh at myself for doing so.

iVillage Member

One good laugh is better than a thousand frowns. :smileyhappy:

Seriously, we can never cease to be amazed at the audacity of others.  My Zia, for instance (Dad's eldest sister), grabbed my boob at my cousin's wedding reception in full approval of the generosity granted me by the genetics I likely inherited from her somehow. LOL, I was shocked and then decided that laughing was better than freaking out, so I promptly fell off my chair in an uncontrollable laugh-induced delerium.  You can't win every battle, I guess.

iVillage Member
I think the female cousin did it worst. Why didn´t you reply something like "So what?" , or "People´s life changes you know"

Pages