Jerry Sandusky gets 30 to 60 years for child sex abuse

iVillage Member
Jerry Sandusky gets 30 to 60 years for child sex abuse
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 11:25am

Sandusky, who was defensive coordinator and for many years the presumed heir-apparent to legendary Penn State football coach Joe Paterno, could have faced as long as 400 years for his convictions on 45 counts of child sexual abuse. But McKean County Common Pleas Court Judge John Cleland, who was brought in to hear the trial after all of Centre County's judges recused themselves, told Sandusky that at age 68, he would be in prison "for the rest of your life."

"The crime is not only what you did to their bodies but to their psyches and their souls and the assault to the well-being of the larger community in which we all live," Cleland said.

Sandusky's statement echoed many of the ideas — some of them word for word — that he broached in his surprise statement Monday night, in which he blamed a widespread conspiracy among police, university administrators and the media for his conviction.

See the full story here: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/09/14315772-jerry-sandusky-gets-30-to-60-years-for-child-sex-abuse?lite

iVillage Member
Typo on my part...I meant to type "he may never own up..."

nwtreehugger  

iVillage Member
Did you hear the recording he put out last night? He blames everyone else, including the victims.
iVillage Member
Good! I hope he spends the rest of his life there contemplating what he did...although I have the feeling that denial runs deep & he may own up to his actions.

nwtreehugger