Anderson Cooper - I'm Done with Star Jones

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Anderson Cooper - I'm Done with Star Jones
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:09pm

Wow... Don't know where I was when this feud between Anderson Cooper and Star Jones started up, but that lady sure has some gall! To say that his admission that he's gay was a ploy "for ratings" is deplorable... and now, she's saying he's used talking about HER talking about him as a ratings ploy... she certainly is full of herself, don't you think? http://www.eonline.com/news/352492/anderson-cooper-i-m-done-with-star-jones

Someone needs to tell Ms Jones that the world ain't ALL about her! Seems to me, she totally sucked on Celebrity Apprentice and she's the one seeking out controversy to draw attention to herself.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:42pm

ROFL...I was reading about this the other day and was laughing out loud at Anderson Cooper's initial response ... let me see if I can find the article.

Here it is...
http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/04/anderson-cooper-star-jones-anderson-live-gay-play-andy-cohen/

My favorite part...

"If I was wanting to boost ratings, I would have waited to announce it on 'A Very Special Episode' that would have been promo'd for weeks and weeks and there would have been commercials ... 'Anderson's Huge Announcement.'"

"As memory serves, in terms of boosting ratings, I seem to recall [Star] hocking her wedding every single day to get free products when she was on 'The View' and I seem to recall her lying about her gastric bypass surgery and making everybody else lie about it as well. So for her to suddenly emerge out of the shadows and suddenly attack me for this, I couldn't believe it."

Yay, Anderson Cooper. He really called her out with that and she can't deny those facts, so now she's resorting to claiming he's using her name for exposure. The lady is indeed a legend in her own mind! LOL

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:52pm

She's a piece of work, for sure. I lost all respect for her when it came out that she's lied about her gastric bypass surgery. I mean, really -- why would you lie about it and coerce others into backing you up? If she didn't want to answer questions about how she lost weight, that was her business, but lying about it takes that to a different level.

iVillage Member
I lost respect for Star when was shilling for all those companies in exchange for free wedding stuff that she was clearly able to afford. It was just a gross display of narcissism and I'm amazed her head fit through doorways.

Anderson Cooper is such a class act with how he is handling this. He doesn't need publicity, he's already has world recognition and huge amounts of respect, unlike Star.
Follow me to Coping with Job Loss

Follow me to Birth Control

--------
iVillage Member

Go Anderson Cooper!!!!!