fed up

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
fed up
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 2:32pm

Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well, just wanted to vent/check-in because I haven't posted in a while.

As you know, I had the AP that went MIA for two and a half weeks. I caved and sent him a total laid-back e-mail, just a one line, what's up, here's an update on my life sort of thing.

Three days later, he e-mails back, apologizes, says he's feeling isolated, alone, struggling with working from home (he's a student) that sort of thing, and he's been slow to respond to all e-mails, etc. And I want to kick myself b/c I fell for it. I sent him back an e-mail that said I was sorry, I hope he's feeling okay, gave him suggestions for him getting out, feeling better. Then I basically caved and said I'm feeling crappy too, as you know I can't afford to move out/away from H until maybe the spring, etc. Then I ended it by saying call me if things get rough.

At first I was pissed at myself for reaching out, but he has shown his true colors and I'm glad I did. So since my heartfelt e-mail..nothing, nada, for a week.

I've never been this mad at him, which is good, I guess, but at the same time I only know you get this mad at someone if you still care about them a lot.

I don't even care what the problem is...either he still has feelings and is 'scared' of them developing further, he has no feelings and is 'scared' of dumping me, or the third option is I know he's super paranoid about e-mail b/c he really doesn't want his live-in gf to find out, so he's ignoring me to preserve the fact that he doesn't want to piss off her b/c she got suspicious last spring. Whater the reason, all he can give me is crumbs, that I know now for certain.

And the kicker? I see him active on FB all of the time, so the whole "I've been slow to respond to everyone's e-mails" is crap/selective, etc.

So basically, I know he'll contact me again, most likely, whether it's in one day or one month, but he's going to have to really step it up this time...and it will be interesting to see what he pulls next. Just wish I wasn't so mad...hate being treated like crap by someone I was friends with first...that's what sad, he's not even a good friend.

Just needed to vent!! :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 2:57pm

Some A's just arent worth keeping around simply because all the effort to make it work is completely one sided...  The same could be said for friendships.  Maybe it's time to move on from this one?

Community Leader
In reply to:
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 7:09pm
Hi collect!
You are getting angry, and that's a good thing. It's helping you to be proactive. You don't deserve to be put on a back burner and you know it. Keep seeing his true colors and definitely ignore him. If he's looking for pity then give him none.

Shadow Word generated at Pimp-My-Profile.com