Guess who came to lunch today?........

iVillage Member
Guess who came to lunch today?........
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 4:02pm

IF you said "Nefh and her DH" give yourselves a pat on the back :smileyhappy:

Lucky us, now that their boys are all in Ontario (at least for a while) they came here for Canadian Thanksgiving, which was this past weekend. We were all busy with family stuff over the weekend, but really wanted to get together while they were here, so they came for a quick lunch today before heading home this afternoon.

G took a long lunch and picked up some take-out fajitas from a local restauant on his way back, and Rhi came down from school over the lunch hour too, and we had a lovely time eating and chatting.

Sadly they couldn't stay long as they have a long drive ahead of them, but it was good to see them again :smileyhappy:

I only hope they weren't too full to drive comfprtably - I know I ate way too much and Rhi was definitely regretting her 2nd piece of chocolate cake before she headed back to school lol!

Carole

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 7:28pm
Oh what fun! I did not guess that so no pat on the back for me
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 10:48pm
It was fun. I always enjoy time spent with them, wish we could manage it more often.

Carole

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 11:09pm
Nice! I don't get a pat on the back either.

I could definitely over-eat fajitas!

Sarah

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 3:19am

No pats for me either I'm afraid.  I often think how nice it would be to meet more people from this board, but obviously geography, and finances, put me at a very considerable disadvantage.  You're lucky Carole, I'm glad you had the opportunity to see Nefh and her DH again, and how convenient that Rhi could come home during her lunch break.

Elaine

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 7:50am
I agree, I do feel lucky. I've been able to spend time with Nefh, Barbara, John, Sunny and a couple of people from my April Babies board too. I'm hoping that we'll meet a few more in the course of time and travels.

Carole

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 6:00pm

LOL, well, we were certainly remarking on how full we felt as we were driving away - we ate so much the whole weekend, talk about stuffed turkeys!!!  We didn't need any supper, although dh bought a baguette and some cheese to have before we went to bed last night in Riviere-du-Loup. 

It was a really nice lunch, Carole, it's so nice to see you all, even if Rhi does seem to be at least a foot taller every time we see her - and may I say, more gorgeous every time too... Thank you so much for having us!

Next time we'll plan it better so we're not having to rush off to make it past Montreal before rush hour...it was still pretty busy when we went through and somehow it ended up to be me driving both there and when we had to go through Quebec City.  I'm not sure how dh managed that!!

NEFH
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 9:35pm
LOL! He just has amazing timing I guess :smileyhappy: I hate driving in Montreal, I've never yet managed to get through without at least one unplanned detour!
Rhi does spring up doesn't she? think she's a foot taller every time I see her too :smileyhappy: and I agree she is gorgeous (and I am not all biased :smileyhappy:) I only realised this past summer how like my Mum she looks. Dad had brought some old photos with him, and looking at those, then photos of Rhi dressed up for her Grad ceremony with the shorter hair it struck me how alike they were.
Rhi was asking if you were driving all the way back to NB yesterday, and I had forgotten to ask - I thought you'd probably stop somewhere though - it's a long long drive to do all at one go.
Always a pleasure to see you, even if only for a short time, and G was glad he got to see N again this time too.
Did you pick up Miss Daisy yet? I hope she had a fun time at doggy camp :smileyhappy:

Carole

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 8:39am

Oh, she had a blast.  Not a shiver the whole time - the kennel people think we're mad to have her on drugs, LOL.

And of course there just had to be a thunderstorm at 5:30 this morning.  I think she's hoping we'll take her back to the kennel!!

NEFH
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 5:54pm
Ohhhhhh, I'm positively GREEN with ENVY for both of you! How wonderful! I won't mention that I guessed. Well ... I had narrowed it down to nefh or a return visit from the bear .... :smileywink:

How fun! One of these days .... one of these days ......... Much love to all of you! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

&nb
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 7:58pm
ROFL! I never even thought people might consider the bear :smileyhappy:
I can assure you that we would not have ordered take-out fajitas for that visitor!
I was just mentioning to Nefh today that I really should have put an extra leaf in the table as it was a tight fit for 5 of us around the tiny table, and Nefh and N are not large people - I'd have had to put in all 3 extra leaves to accommodate the bear lol!
You can give yourself a half pat for almost guessing :smileyhappy:

Carole

Pages