Do you know how to make a

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Do you know how to make a
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 9:17pm
Do-It-Yourself First Aid Kit

You can buy a first aid kit, but it may not contain everything you need. Here’s what to stock in your home and car first aid kits so you’re always prepared

Read More http://www.ivillage.com/do-it-yourself-first-aid-kit/4-b-492997#ixzz28r2WT0zO

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 9:44pm

this is nice reminder! I have always put my own together....especially for hiking. it is always in the backpack

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 11:11pm

I have one I've made up, but hadn't thought of a few of the things the article mentioned. I'll have to make a point to get them!

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 4:17am

I think a first aid kit would make a wonderful wedding shower present for the house.

I have all those things and then some in my medicine cabinet.  I really liked the instant cold compress, I have not seen those over here,, and need to check it out.... excellent idea for home and for the car.  Although for home, there are always ice cubes or a package of frozen peas but it would be good for the car first aid kit.    I didn't see an ACE bandage , which is a good idea also.  I have one of those.    It's also nice to have a small pair of scissors in the car and in your home first aid kit,,, very helpful.

If you have pets, then a tick removal card is really helpful,,, one at home and one in the car or in your purse. 

One thing I noticed is that if you have kids, some medicines for toddlers etc might be a good idea to have no hand also, they don't take the same meds or dosages as we adults do. 

CAR:    Not sure how it is over there but here we have to have a "standard issue" first aid kit in the trunk of the car,,, and one would not want to be stopped and not have it. We also have to have a reflective vest to wear if the car breaks down on the autobahn.....

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 12:51pm

that sounds more like my medicine cabinet at home. In my first aide kit I have alcohol wipes, antibiotic cream, several different bandaides, white medical tape, gauze, glucometer (I deal with diabetics enough to know how important this is fro us), test strips, burn cream, cotton balls, tweezers, ace bandage, tooth pain ointment (kinda like orajel but it is stronger), dental wax, saline and glucose gel.