Did it!! ZIPLINE!!!!

iVillage Member
Did it!! ZIPLINE!!!!
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 10:23pm

Vigilante Zipline Branson, MO! Off the Inspiration Tower, ejection site was 170 ft in the air and we flew over the grounds of Shepard of the Hills at 50mph!! FUN!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 11:06pm
OMG! You'd NEVER get me on that! Not in a million years! And I won't go on roller coasters either.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 3:10pm
wordyone wrote:
Okay, I could do the elevator up there (I've taken elevators to the top of the Empire State Building and the Sears Tower), but I think someone would have to hold a gun to my head to make me jump off into space, lol!

I think the highest elevator I'd ever taken was in one of the Twin Towers NYC to the observation and gift shop floor. So glad I got to do that and will never forget it. ::sigh:: For some reason, I am less fearful of high elevators than I am of the ones that take you way down under ground. We have an underground salt mines museum here and in the 35 years I've lived here, I've never taken that elevator..which goes 650 ft down..yet..lol! Freaks me out just thinking about it!! 

As for jumping out of an airplane...even a million dollars would not make me do it!!! :smileysurprised:

To zipline off of Inspiration Tower at 170 ft in the air, you don't jump off, they eject you off..LOL!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 3:08pm

CONFESSION TIME!!! I was also a tree climber as a kid and loved long roped swings and such. Here's what we also did in Branson, though, that scared the livin' whatever out of me!!! THE GIANT SWING!!! We stood and watched it for awhile and it looked like fun and easy. OMG..I WAS SO AFRAID WHILE ON THAT THING THAT I ALMOST THREW UP!!! When we got off of it, I was shaking so bad I could hardly walk for awhile!!! I will NEVER go on this thing again..EVER!!! I was so afraid, in fact, that I was not able to go on the roller coaster that we'd planned on doing next. I was DONE with adventure!! :womansurprised:

Darn..they don't have an embed/share option, embed is disabled, so you'll have to click on this link....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YciinO4Ry4

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 2:55pm
mommyofthezoo wrote:
Looks amazing! That is so on my bucket list! I am quite afraid of heights but I imagine that going that fast doesn't give you time to think about that. What fun!

I'm not comfortable with heights either unless I'm behind thick glass windows or something like that. This didn't bother me at all though, didn't think about the height except for a couple of seconds when we were first ejected.

Edit: Oppsie, just realized I'd already replied to this. Oh, well, you get a double dose..lol!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 4:09pm

think I will definitely try the para sailing, and then decide if I want to do sky diving. As a kid I would climb trees, and we lived in the hills so there were trees all over.  We were the squirrel bunch cause we would jump from tree to tree (yeah I know crazy right? ) so lost most my fear as a child about heights.

I broke my arm when I was 13 doing a dead drop from the high monkey bars.  Was mad as I couldn't beat he record for over 6 months after that.

Thia

I'd love to parasail, too ! LOL....on the tree climbing. One of my favorite things to do as a kid! I messed up my ankle a few times doing "sky jumps" off the swing! it was fun to see who could swing the highest & jump the furthest

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 3:56pm

FUN !!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 2:26pm
Okay, I could do the elevator up there (I've taken elevators to the top of the Empire State Building and the Sears Tower), but I think someone would have to hold a gun to my head to make me jump off into space, lol!