♫♪♫ QOTD for Wednesday ♫♪♫

iVillage Member
♫♪♫ QOTD for Wednesday ♫♪♫
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 8:23am

When the heat is on in your house, what do you keep your thermostat set at?

Do you have a manual or digital thermostat?

Do you have any supplemental hear in your house?  fire place, space heaters, etc.

If you have central air, what do you keep your thermostat set at?

If you have a window unit air conditioner, do you run it constantly or turn it off occasionally?

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 8:40am

My heating is controlled by the landlord, they keep it at a 22C  which is nice, they also monitor humidity and try to keep it at maxium  50% which often fails in this apartment.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 9:13am

When the heat is on in your house, what do you keep your thermostat set at?   64 (17.7 C) during the day and 68 (20 C) when we are there.   

Do you have a manual or digital thermostat?  digital

Do you have any supplemental hear in your house?  fire place, space heaters, etc.   fireplace

If you have central air, what do you keep your thermostat set at?   78- I stay cold

If you have a window unit air conditioner, do you run it constantly or turn it off occasionally?  NA

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 9:19am

When the heat is on in your house, what do you keep your thermostat set at?

68* when we are there and 63* at night.

Do you have a manual or digital thermostat?

programmable digital

Do you have any supplemental hear in your house?  fire place, space heaters, etc.

We have a space heater in the bathroom and an Eden Pure in the livingroom.

If you have central air, what do you keep your thermostat set at?

68*

If you have a window unit air conditioner, do you run it constantly or turn it off occasionally?

n/a

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 1:27pm
nattlesmom wrote:

When the heat is on in your house, what do you keep your thermostat set at? 67

Do you have a manual or digital thermostat? programmable digital

Do you have any supplemental hear in your house?  fire place, space heaters, etc. I have a fireplace, but I haven't used it in at least 15 years.  I have an electric space heater I bought the year before I had my heating system replaced, because it was limping along.

If you have central air, what do you keep your thermostat set at? 78

If you have a window unit air conditioner, do you run it constantly or turn it off occasionally?  No window units.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 3:05pm

When the heat is on in your house, what do you keep your thermostat set at?  62 but if I had my way, I'd keep it at 60

Do you have a manual or digital thermostat?  Digital

Do you have any supplemental hear in your house?  fire place, space heaters, etc.  We have a fire place but the only time we use it is if we have company over - for a cozy feeling.  I do have a radiating electric heater like you pictured for the basement but I rarely use it.

If you have central air, what do you keep your thermostat set at?  78 but I usually have the ceiling fan in the living room running when we're there during the day and always a fan at night.

If you have a window unit air conditioner, do you run it constantly or turn it off occasionally?  We no longer have a window unit but when we did, it was in our bedroom and we only used it at night.  The rest of our house was always hot (before central a/c) but we figured as long as we could sleep good, that's what really mattered.  So, the girls camped out in our bedroom most every night during the summer.

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 3:10pm

Didn't you jack your heat up for me when I visited, Daisy?   Thank you again.   62 is freezing and 60 is brutal.   I think my 68 is too cold, but I can't afford the bill when it runs higher.   

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 3:16pm
Yes, Tracy, we probably did.... we do turn it up when we have company, especially overnight guests! We also have lots of little blankets & lap quilts folded in the living room for people to use if they are cold. My girls are cold all the time too.

I find that if I don't stay cool, I have more hot flashes so it's worth it to me, plus, it helps when the bill comes in the mail! I'm so glad my hubby likes it cool too!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 4:56pm

64 F is the lowest an rental apartment can be, if renting to young people.  75 if recomened for people over 60 and since this landlord rent out to mostely old people they have set it at 71 and if you have doctors note  they will  make sure your apartment is 75.

I like this deal.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:06am
I have a goal (if you want to call it that) every year that I try not to turn the heat on until at least November 1st. It drives Ashleigh crazy... lol.

So... yesterday when the grandbabies were at my house, Ashleigh decided to use them against me. She said the temp in the house was 59 and we should not have it that cold for the kids.... I went to feel them both and they were both dressed in warm clothes and felt nice & toasty. So, I said no... i just HATE giving up on my goal date of November 1st every year but if they had been cold, of course, I would have turned the heat on.

Ashleigh and my hubby joined forces and went against my wishes and turned the heat on. My husband said to at least turn it to 62 which is what we do all winter... so, I gave them both heck for being such wimpy weenies and told them that 3 degrees would NOT make that big of a difference! They both seemed to think it would.... but, I was not happy last night! My only comfort was Luke & Presley.... lol

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:28am
November! I'm happy if we make it to October. lol I'm the same way though...if it's any earlier its just not time for the furnace!

Pages