Community Leader
Wednesday chit chat thread
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 8:37am
Good morning ladies, how are you today?
Photobucket

Pages

Community Leader
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 9:06am
Sitting at home. My truck was supposed to be ready this morning for us to pick up, but they found an additional problem, so I am at home with Madison waiting for DH to get back to drive me into work. Nothing on the agenda for work today that I know of. The big boss is meeting with her boss, hopefully that will give us a bit more information on what's going on... Jordyn had to be into school early today to make up a test and for an NHS meeting. Emma had her first field trip today and was very excited! I have a chiropractor appt. after work. Not much else, a bit of paperwork to do for DH and laundry. We'll be having leftovers for dinner. Have a great day!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 9:47am

Slow morning.  Obedience class in in an hour so I consider Wednesday's late starts for school days.  Zeph is playing on his handheld-chores have been done.  I'm pulling together school for the rest of the week.  After class, we are off to Zeph's bank (pups are allowed in) and then to the grocery store for fresh baked rolls or bread to go with the chicken noodle soup Zeph is making for dinner. 

I am frustrated with the Y.  They have a new policy that under 15 can only use lap lanes from 3:30-7:30 Mon-Fri.  The whole reason we would join again is to have pool access.  Those times are too restrictive. I'm waiting to hear back from the aquatic director's boss.  I do have another lead on a pool but it is 30 minutes away rather than 10.

I am also frustrated wiht DH's company.  They owe us $2000 in expenses and have not paid in over a month.  Typical turn around is a week.  The email got 'lost' the first time, but expenses have been approved, just the check has not been mailed.  

It look like a gorgeous fall day out.  Hoping to get out for a walk this afternoon with the pup.  Tonght Zpeh has swim.  If DH drives him I'm going to use my time to deep clean the bathroom and laundry room.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 10:03am
Morning everyone! Kids are at school, dh is at work and it's my day off. Hooray! I have plenty I want to get done so I won't be sitting on the couch watching tv and eating bon bons. I need to catch up on all the stuff I haven't done because I've been at my parents or out of the house for some other reason for the last several weeks.

Got the cake pops (7) made and they turned out delicious but the coating cracked on all of them. I don't know if the cake balls we're too cold, the coating was to thick or something else didn't quite work. I only used 1/4 of the cake so if I find some extra time today I'll try again.

Tonight both kids have swim practice and homework and that's it. Dh will be home so I only have to do half the driving. Yeah!!!

Dinner is a baked potato bar. Swim practices are at different times so potatoes can be microwaved and toppings added whenever they're ready for dinner. Toppings include broccoli, bacon, sour cream, sloppy joe meat, and other chopped veggies, and cheese. If I have leftover taco meat sometimes I'll do a taco potato with salsa.

Need to sift through my email to find the details (like who we owe how much) for Homecoming this weekend. We got Evan new dress pants (suit coat from the summer still fits and he wore khakis with it, not really a choice for Homecoming). That reminds me, need to order a corsage. I'll take Evan on the way home from school.

Have a great day everyone!
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 10:56am

Natalie is having a hard time getting out of bed.  This is the second day in a row she was running behind and having a clothes issue.  *sigh*  Mouthy too, I hate mornings.  Got the kids all out the door and to school on time.  

I managed to chip my tooth last night and called this morning to get an appointment with my dentist and they can't get me in until Tuesday.  It;s really bothering me and I am going to have a sore on my tongue by tuesday.  It's sharp and scratching the tip of my tongue.  

Matthew has a Robotics meeting after school today.  Hopefully the girls aren't going to plan anything with friends that I have to tote them too.  

Dinner will be either leftovers or roast with mashed potatoes, gravy and another veggies, maybe carrots.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 11:57am
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 12:03pm

Leave in about an hour to spend the rest of the day in the car.  Kristen's friend's mom called here last night, and I was able to talk her into meeting us off the interstate here, instead of driving an hour out of her way.  It's only going to add maybe 15 minutes total to the trip.  She offered to take Kristen back on Sunday, maybe we can work something out so both families are only doing this trip once every break.

Called the bank to see about refinancing.  Again.  Only the 4th time we've done it.  The loan amount really hasn't gone down in the 20 years we've owned this place.  It would be almost paid off it we  hadn't refinanced the first time.  But our rate's gone from 8%, to 6% to currently 4.8%.  If we did it one more time, the mortgage payment would be cut by $200.  Even if we took out a little bit to pay off a loan that's at a much higher rate. Between that and losing the car payment on my car in 4 months, it wouldn't be nearly as tight here.  In fact, we might be able to swing the overage in tution next year and not have to dip into another savings account (that's for education, but we could use it for retirement). It does mean we have to stay here a while.  But we have to stay for at least another 3 ish years so Becca doesn't have to change high schools.  And if Kristen stays put at the school she's at- I'd want to be here until she finishes school.

The family is going to eat whatever they can find.  I'm figuring I won't get back here until 9 or so.  The kid wants to come home- I think she misses us :smileyhappy:  It'll be really interesting to see how much she's changed in 8 weeks.  She may spend the whole time here doing laundry- she said she's got a ton of it to do LOL.  And guess what- you've been doing it by yourself for the last 8 weeks, don't let me stop you from taking care of it yourself LOL.

Cheryl 

Community Leader
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 12:21pm
Have a great trip Cheryl!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 12:31pm

Thanks Tracy!

I was kind of hoping that I'd be able to see a little bit of color out there.  The news report this morning said that they were starting to get a lot of color on the Shenandoah Parkway. That's about an hour west of where school is.  Everything east of that has only a little bit of color in the trees, so I'll bet it'll look about like here.  Boo.

Cheryl

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 12:32pm
Thanks Tracy! Those are super cute! I might pick up some orange candy and tic tacs and try the pumpkins. The simpler, the better for now. :smileyhappy:
Community Leader
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 1:32pm
That's partly why I am so excited about Jordyn's recruiting weekend, up north, end of October, I'm so excited to see all the fall leaves!!!!
Photobucket

Pages