Please pray for Jennifer!!!!

iVillage Member
Please pray for Jennifer!!!!
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 10:24am

Her blood pressure is going haywire. She's 33 weeks with baby boy but the numbers are really bad- 200/110 at her last OB appointment on Monday. They got her numbers down to 178/90something after several hours of rest in the office so they let her go home!?!?!?! At home her readings have all been really high in the 190's/100's if she's up taking care of Leslie & still 170's/90's if laying down on her left side.

She is in TN at their old place near her parents & her DH is in AL at their new apartment and he's being terrible about wanting her to drive 3.5 hours home just so he can see them. He misses them of course but just doesn't get it that this is life threatening for her & baby.  She really needs him to stop fighting with her over not being able to come home and get HIS behind to her to help with Leslie & be there for a possibly impending birth. 

She just updated she called the OB with her home BP reading this morning & they freaked out & told her to get someone to drive her in immediately.  

Photobucket

Pages

Community Leader
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 10:31am

~hugs~

She is in my thoughts and prayers.

This is really serious and "HE" needs to get that...

I am the CL for Heart Health and high blood pressure is not something to be ignored especially if you are pregnant.

Too much stress is not good for the Mother or her Baby...:smileysad:...

You are a really good friend, it shows in your caring and concern.

<3

Lorie

aka ~nightangel67~

Nightangel
Community Leader
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 10:36am
Nightangel
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 5:43pm
I'm glad she's in TN at this point because if the doc won't keep her in the hospital, maybe she'll be told to be on bedrest at her parents' house instead. Good to be near family who can take care of Leslie.

It must be hard for Erik to be so far away at this stage, when their little boy is close to making his arrival. Will pray for the entire family and also that Erik can get some time off work if needed, so he can join them in TN.

Can't wait for Baby Boy's birth day!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 9:40pm
Thanks for the info! She doesn't have any other symptoms so at first she didn't understand how serious it was either but when we heard the numbers all of the ladies started googling & sending her info to help. She definitely needs rest & low stress to get baby to bake a bit longer!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 9:45pm

Today's events:

She doesn't have internet access at the hospital but she texted me several times. She made it to her OBs and they admitted her for 24 hours to monitor her & make a plan. They suspect it's pre-e and that her urine collection test tomorrow will confirm that. They want her on bedrest in hopes to keep baby boy in for another 3.5 weeks - to 37 weeks. If her numbers are doing well with the rest & meds overnight she should get to go home (to her parents?) tomorrow.

DH is on his way to TN & should be there this evening. Hopefully seeing her in the hospital and getting to talk with the doctors will help him understand.

She expressed her thanks & love for us bossing her into calling the doctor today LOL

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 11:13pm
Whew, glad she's being watched and a plan is in place. I'm also happy Erik will be there!

Hee hee to being bossed into calling the doc. That's what friends are for!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 2:28pm
Oh no to high blood pressure and being admitted for observation. Praying that the baby stays put and her blood pressure gets under control

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 4:36pm
Prayers that baby boy stays put as long as possible! I'm so glad she is being monitored at that Erik will be there with her. Sometimes hubbies don't understand how dangerous a situation is until a dr tells them so.