Cravings in general

iVillage Member
Cravings in general
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 10:39am

I"d enjoy hearing from others on the message board as to what you crave and how you handle it.

I find that unless something is totally off the map of "okay-ness." I go ahead and have something. :smileytongue: Otherwise I keep trying other things and then still don't get satisfied. Chocolate is one for me. I use a small amount of cocoa powder covered goji berries or maybe a square of an 85% Lindt bar.

For those of you who are strong willed, I guess that crunchy veggies or a cheese stick are satisfying, and I do try them. But it doesn't work every time. I try FF yogurt, usually with fruit. But there are still "those times" when that doesn't work either. Usually this is late afternoon.

Any tricks or gimmicks that have worked for you?

Judy :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 8:52am
As long as you're not making it an everyday occurrence or multiple times a day it's okay to satisfy your craving with the real thing if other options don't work. Remember that in phase 2 a small piece of dark chocolate is fine and counted under your sweet treat as long as it's under 100 calories.

I usually crave salty, crunchy things. With all the new healthy products on the market it's easy to find substitutes. A small bag of Popcorners takes care of that craving for me.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 5:07pm

My favorite tip-

When I am craving junk savory food, I dip raw veggies in Frank's Red Hot BUFFALO sauce.  The taste of the buffalo sauce automatically makes me feel like I'm eating bar food.  I use it on tons of stuff as a condiment.. turkey burgers, etc..!!  It's one of the few tricks that really works for me.

Hope that helps!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 7:26am
Salty is what I crave. Sometimes I will roast veggies and put on a little more salty seasoning than usual, to satisfy that craving.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 7:28am
Have you had the Buffalo Ranch salad dressing? That's what I love; it has buffalo sauce in it (it may even be Frank's). I don't have one on hand right now, but I think it's by Wishbone. I keep a bottle in the fridge at work.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:56am

Joy- that sounds incredible!  Ranch & Buffalo Sauce already combined-- and it's legal?

My only concern here is that I would have half the bottle!  :smileyhappy:  I'm going to look for this at the grocery store today..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket