Measuring earlier at u/s today

iVillage Member
Measuring earlier at u/s today
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 11:21am

I should be 5 wks and 3 days today, but measured at 4 wks and 6 days.  That's four days off.  I'm not too concerned 'cause I knew to take at least two days off of what the Dr office was calculating.  They say that I'm considered two weeks at the time I take this shot before IUI.  Well, the shot was at almost 11pm that day, so I don't count that day and I never really felt "O" pains until another day after that.  Still, I'm a little worried because if it stopped growing, I won't know at this point. I wait to hear from the Dr this afternoon if they want another u/s done before my next appt in 2 weeks.  *sigh* More waiting!

Morrow1.png Sig picture by beansand

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 2:22am

hi i saw your post and that is what prompted me to go intruduce myself in another post before posting, so I would not be the crazy stranger suddenly offering support :-)
I'm still waiting to be able to see a positive on an HPT but my AF is due next Monday and I'm feeling mega pregnant right now of all thing.

Anyway, wanted to tell you that the u/s results you got is EXACTLY what I got with my daughter who was born in July 2009, I went in right after my BFP to my Dr, was sent the next day for an ultrasound and I measured less on the u/s too, my LMP EDD was July 8 but I measured much smaller than that, in fact in all the subsequent u/s I measured a few days less than I was whcih prompted my OB to change it to July 12th and my daughter was born on July 6th, pretty much bang on time measuring longer than average but lighter than average too, so turned out that she was a peanut weight wise all along and they never saw the extra inch long she was on any ultrasounds :-) So that is definitely no cause to worry. But I know how it feels I have been there, and to make it worse that pregnancy was one following a missed miscarriage, so my nerves were going wild. I had to go 2 weeks later for a second u/s which relieved me because they found the heartbeat then.

Just thought I would share my story to ease your mind a little.