Lindsay and mama Dina blowout

iVillage Member
Lindsay and mama Dina blowout
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 12:00pm

Lindsay Lohan and mama Dina were in a blowout, violent fight early this morning, that ended in a 911 call with cops rushing to the scene
http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/10/lindsay-lohan-dina-lohan-drunk-911-ambulance-nightclub-new-york/

Gee whiz... her mom really needs to grow up!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 10:44am

I don't say this often, cause I firmly believe family is important. BUT... when the mom and dad are as toxic self-centered as these two are, they can only make thing worse for her. Lindsay does irritate me with her actions a lot, but I am empathetic to the fact that she never had the right kind of examples growing up that would help lead her to good choices. Like you said, she does need a solid support system; people who care about Lindsay the person, not Lindsay the celebrity and advise her based on what's good for HER, not them -- and that can be extremely hard for a celebrity to find.

I think you hit the nail on the head with Drew Barrymore... she went through some really bad times but she's grown to handle things well. And Jodi Foster is another child star whom has learned how to cope with adversity and taken positive control of her life. They would both be wonderful mentors for Lindsay, I think.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 4:17pm

Lindsay really doesn't have a chance, does she? A mom like that who just cannot get it through her head that SHE is not her daughter's friend nor the celebrity in the family. /shudder And then we have the dad who released a phone call made by a VERY upset Lindsay about the situation as she tried to deal with an untenable situation. I hope one day she will be surrounded by people who genuinely care and support her without needing something from her. I bet Drew Barrymore could give her some advice on that. So sad.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:46am
Crazy... I just don't get the whole thing of her mom going clubbing with her. I mean, my dd and I are close and we do a lot of things together, but I would never even consider invading her world to that extent; it would seem way too weird.

Bea