Clomid symptoms or pregnancy???

iVillage Member
Clomid symptoms or pregnancy???
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 12:14pm

Hi all. I'm new here :smileyhappy:  For the last few weeks I've been ready to pull my hair out!! I started Clomid August 23.  I had ovarian drilling done a few months before.  So I waited to see if I would have a period which would be due Sept 21.  A few days before that I had some cramping and a little brown blood when I went to the bathroom.  (I've read all I can about preggo symptoms)  so I got a little excited because I was hoping it was implantation bleeding.  The main reason I thought it could be is because the week before my breasts started hurting so bad I wanted to cry.  (nothing like pre period tenderness) I couldn't wear a bra or let anything touch them because they hurt so bad and I felt extremely sick mainly at night.  So the 21st rolled around and my period never came but I started getting (I'm sorry there will be TMI)  this stringy brown discharge sometimes a little pink in it every time I went to the bathroom.  It's been going on for a few weeks.  Every now and then I have a little bit of mild cramping but nothing like period cramps.  I've taken 4 pregnancy tests all negative but I've heard some people can't get a positive test at home they have to get a blood test.  Now I've been having more symptoms.  Sometimes my lower back hurts really bad.  I'm extremely tired, boobs are still a little sore.  I'm more hungry than usual.  I have been having the craziest dreams every single night.  I feel like my food sits on my stomach at night and it makes me a little sick even if I eat just a little bit.  I just wonder if Clomid can cause all of this and if so how I'm I supposed to know what's a period and what isn't because you have to take Clomid when the period starts?  I am taking all the necessary percautions if I happen to be pregnant.  I just know my body is going through something strange and I wonder if anyone else had this while taking Clomid or while pregnant.  I will be going to the doctor soon.  I just didn't want them thinking I'm nuts thinking I am pregnant.  I'm not making this stuff up lol and I'm not trying to act like I am..you know if I'm not I'm not but I just feel crazy all this strange stuff going on.  Thank you for any info you have :smileylol:

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 3:18pm

I've heard that Clomid can delay ovulation a little, so that could be one explanation as to why you are late, although it seems too late for it to be the total reason. I think you should contact your doctor either way, you over 2 weeks late now if I'm calculating correctly. You don't even to mention that you think you are pg, just state what's going on and ask them to run a blood test to make sure. They might want you to take meds that will start your period, so it would make sense to be sure that you aren't before doing anything further.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 2:19pm
I was curious if your period started yet or what is going on with your cycle. How are you doing?