severe food allergy

iVillage Member
severe food allergy
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 1:13pm
Leah had a massive food allergy that bout killed her.. she had to be rushed to the ER by ambulance from a doctors office.. her throat closed.. she couldn't breath..she was covered in a horrible rash..eyes swollen, ears, mouth, even her nose!.. once she was stable I actually passed out! I went to stand and i went right back down..Ugh.. I had been a fire fighter/1st responder my entire adult life.. but nothing prepares u for your own child in a life threatening situration!!! So, she has to have a allergy test ASAP before she can eat to make sure carrots r not the only no no since her reaction was so bad! So no new foods for Leah till testing is done.. she has to stay on medicine for 48 hours.. to help keep the reation down till its out of her system .. so far right before her next dose she breaks out again.. but it gets less and less till earlier only a very small, fine rash about the size of a nickle appeared under her chin..
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 4:04pm
Oh my god!!! That is so very scary, I am so sorry :smileysad: I can't imagine how terrifying that was! I am so glad that you were able to get her to the hospital and medicine in time. I had no idea that carrots could cause such a reaction :smileysurprised:
Photobucket