ROLE CALL FALL 2012

iVillage Member
ROLE CALL FALL 2012
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 1:21pm

Ladies, Check in! Who's still around? What are you at with TTCing?

Name:

Currently TTCing?

Treatments?

Jemma (35) and DH, (37). Married October 13, 2007 and TTCing since April 2008. Dealing with PCOS, swollen tubes, and also MFI. Committing myself to getting healthy and losing weight in preparation for IVF later in 2012.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 1:09pm
Welcome Erin!! Don't you love the waiting game? It stinks!!! I hope that Clomid works it's magic for your DH and IUI is your ticket to a BFP!! GOOD LUCK!

Jemma (35) and DH, (37). Married October 13, 2007 and TTCing since April 2008. Dealing with PCOS, swollen tubes, and also MFI. Committing myself to getting healthy and losing weight in preparation for IVF later in 2012.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 1:08pm

I have United Healthcare. UHC is pretty great when it comes to IF coverage, but doesn't cover anything regarding weight loss. I know I will need to lose some weight to do IVF, because my last RE (at Crozer Medical in Chester) wouldn't do any treatments at all until I was under a certain threshold.   He actually gave me a "talking to" for about 20 minutes and ran through all of his reasons why IVF won't work on me at my current weight, and if it does by some miracle work, then he said I will probably have a miscarriage. He said if I don't miscarry, I will most likely deliver prematurely and proceeded to tell me all of the medical problems any potential child of mine would have. I was so upset after that appointment, I bawled the whole way home. 

My OBGYN told me that the new RE I want to try will want me to lose at least 10% of my weight before trying anything (which isn't a ton of weight).  It's still so hard....I have to be extremely anal about my diet and exercise like a demon just to lose a pound or two a week! It's so frustrating. I'm 35 (closer to 36) and I feel like my time is running out. Honestly, at this point, I really don't think it's going to happen for us. By the time we can afford going back to the doctor again, my eggs will be raisins.  Not to mention the fact, my DH has problems too.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-21-2012 - 8:15pm

Name: Erin

Currently TTCing? Not actively TTC (no OPKs, temps, timed BD) but always hoping

Treatments? DH is currently on Clomid to help raise testosterone to increase count and motility.  I am happy that there is hope for an affordable solution, but we're on the second round of 3 month treatments and all the waiting is driving me NUTS!!  We will be testing again at the beginning of the year, and hopefully looking at high enough numbers to try for IUI.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 6:33pm

Delaware is pretty close!  I can't imagine an insurance company not covering weight loss surgery?  Which one do you have may I ask?  After several rounds of treatments with my RE I went for a second opinion in Philly and she said that if I lose weight, it may help.  I was originally diagnosed with PCOS but the 2nd opinion (who was head of pcos clinic at Upenn) said I do not have it and listed it as unexplained.  I figured that if my chances were greater of having a healthy baby if i weighed less (whether through natural conception or through assisted reproduction) then I needed to do that.  I'm 36 and want to get the party started.  Lots of luck to you!  

Me (36) DH (38)- me-unexplained IF/hypothyroid -DH-counts good, but volume is low; Married in 2006, off birth control pill. Started officially trying in March of 2009.
2 rounds clomid/ovidrel 2009, 1 round femara/iui, 2010, 2 rounds follistim/iui 2010. Weight loss surgery 2011.  Back to new RE 2012: HSG normal, AMH 0.43= DOR; IVF with microdose flare protocol in February 2013.  

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 9:02am
Hey Jessica! I'm your neighbor over here in DE! It's great that you are starting back TTCing again after losing weight! And I hope you get a quick BFP with no intervention.

I wish I could get weight loss surgery, but my insurance doesn't cover it. I have a horrible time losing weight because of PCOS, and I have to be mega strict just to lose a little. I've had an RE refuse to treat me in the past, and I really hope my new RE isn't as big of a jerk. LOL

Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 7:52pm
Name: Jessica

Currently TTCing? yes, back to Cycle #1 after a long break for weight loss surgery.

Treatments? nothing!- hoping it happens au natural (aren't we all?) but am going back for a consult with a new RE in December if it doesn't happen before then.

Me (36) DH (38)- me-unexplained IF/hypothyroid -DH-counts good, but volume is low; Married in 2006, off birth control pill. Started officially trying in March of 2009.
2 rounds clomid/ovidrel 2009, 1 round femara/iui, 2010, 2 rounds follistim/iui 2010. Weight loss surgery 2011.  Back to new RE 2012: HSG normal, AMH 0.43= DOR; IVF with microdose flare protocol in February 2013.  

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:23pm
Actually not sure. We'll be switching to a new RE because the one that is 5 mins from my house is now accepting my insurance. We do have some insurance coverage, so we're lucky that way. The cost is insane! Good luck with your IUI! Keep us posted!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 7:20pm
Hey there. Just curious how much ivf will cost with your dr. We have been looking into at our fertility place in Cincinnati. It's about 10,000 dollars per try as a cash customer if you figure the drugs plus a frozen cycle. They also offer a guarantee option where you pay for the max cycles...3 fresh and 3 frozen ... For 18,ooo dollars cash due all at once up front but if you don't have live birth you get 70 percent money back. I don't know what option would be best. I don't think my husband can fathom the thought of paying 20,000 dollars. It's so hard to make these decisions!
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 7:14pm
Hi! My name is Alana and I've been TTC for 3 1/2 yrs now. We did iui today! This is the second time. We have unexplained infertility. Everything went well today, but I no longer get my hopes up. I hate the heartbreak. Head up and carry on..I try. My niece just had a baby so that is hard for me too.
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 1:27pm

Name: Jemma

Currently TTCing? BLAH...no!!  I wish!!  My hubby's work situation is HORRIBLE at the moment.  He's been looking for a new job now for months, with no luck. Sooooo if you anyone knows of any IT jobs (Unix Middleware/Application Development) hook me up! Yeah, I'm kinda joking but not really. lol

Treatments?  We need to do IVF, we want to do IVF. Like, yesterday. But we just can't until DH gets a new job. otherwise, we are just hoping for a crazy miracle.