Fake stuff do you use it ?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Fake stuff do you use it ?
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 1:52pm

I can't believe it's not butter spray..cooking sprays..artificial sweetners, fat free salad dressings( or the ones that say 0 calories)  Do you use and of these kinds of things why or why not?   My mind says this stuff can't be good for you but then I watch the calories available for the day go down after each meal and I want to cling to everything that can give me the biggest bang for my buck(calories wise).  What do you think

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 6:55pm
I use canola oil cooking spray for some things. I also like the sprays like I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray. I saw a woman at work use it when she made toast in the morning at work. It was a great idea because you use so much less than if you were using better or a spread, but you still get the taste. I think it would be good to spray on cooked veggies, too. I also heard a tip recently. Buy fat free or low fat ranch dressing and add some salsa to it. It give it a nice taste and takes away the bad taste that some low fat dressings can have. I bought some but haven't tried it yet because I'm still finishing up my full fat dressing.

There are some other fat free/reduced fat items I won't use. If food doesn't taste good to me then my appetite isn't satisfied and I want to keep eating more. Eat what tastes good to you and you will eat less to feel that satisfaction.

Carol