Halloween Candy! Ahhh!

iVillage Member
Halloween Candy! Ahhh!
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 1:57pm

Halloween candy is calling my name!  Anyone have any special tips for getting through Halloween without gaining weight- and being tempted at every turn?  I'd love to hear what keeps you motivated and successful this time of year!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 7:08am

Weight Watchers has some pretty cool type candies for only 2 points.  I can't have them in the house, cause I'll eat the whole box.

I found a new bar, from Journey.com and they are 5 points, but they are delicious .... pizza marinara in one flavor, so I have pretty wierd tastes

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 10:37am
That's a great idea- keep something on hand that is fairly low in points like the WW candies. I won't feel quite as guilty eating something like that!

Interesting about the Journey.com bars. I'll have to check those out! Sounds like something I could keep on hand for those busy days shuttling kids back and forth to all of their activities!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 6:14pm
jacobandcoopersmommy wrote:
   Interesting about the Journey.com bars. I'll have to check those out! Sounds like something I could keep on hand for those busy days shuttling kids back and forth to all of their activities!

Do you have a phone that has GPS?  for apps like Runkeeper, Nike+, MapMyFitness, Endomondo?

They are all free apps.  You can tie them in to www.earndit.com.  They give you up to 60 points (or 6 miles) a day.  I received a $15 gift card and tried it on the Journey bars.  I would never have heard of it.  Also, you can spend your points on several charities.  After i got the Fitbit, I found a ton of ways to keep my fitness going.