B&B Says Goodbye to "Stephanie"

iVillage Member
B&B Says Goodbye to "Stephanie"
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 2:25pm

We can't say she didn't warn us. After 25 years, three Emmys, and several hints that she's contemplating retirement, Susan Flannery has chosen to exit her role as Stephanie Forrester, the grand matriarch of CBS's The Bold and the Beautiful. That has exec producer-head writer Bradley Bell planning a landmark sendoff, one sure to go down in the TV record books. In the episode set to air Friday, Oct. 12, Stephanie learns that her lung cancer, which had gone into remission, is back and now beyond treatment. Come December, the beloved character will die. TV Guide Magazine spoke exclusively with Bell about his plans for this startling and profound story.

TV Guide Magazine: This is huge.
Bell: It is huge. And amazing. I knew this day was coming but I've been in denial about it. I've been loving and treasuring every one of these last few days we have with Susan. Well, almost every day. [Laughs] You know Susan.

TV Guide Magazine: Was it always the plan to use Stephanie's lung cancer as a way to write Susan off the show?
Bell: Susan has been talking about leaving us for a while now, but I knew that I could go into the cancer plot and come out of it two ways. Stephanie could survive it, or we could take the story to an unfortunate end. We will try to do justice to the disease itself, playing it honestly and accurately, but the primary goal is to honor both Susan and Stephanie and to give anyone who watches something beautiful to keep with them for a long time to come.

More at.....   http://www.tvguide.com/News/Bold-Beautiful-Susan-Flannery-Exit-1054465.aspx

iVillage Member

I was just a little confused because awhile back I posted an article where she was leaving.   Then there was another article where she wasn't leaving.   Now they're killing her off.     Okay, whatever.

iVillage Member

Oh wow! I watched B&B for many, many years but not recently. I may have to pick it up again...I can't imagine the show without Stephanie!

Lisa