Contractions and BOREDLINE UNBEARABLE Ripping/Pulling pain Right Side.. What do I do?

iVillage Member
Contractions and BOREDLINE UNBEARABLE Ripping/Pulling pain Right Side.. What do I do?
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 2:37pm

Ive been having contractions off and on since the weekend. I felt pretty horrible and sick yesterday (contractions/nausea/diarrhea)  and today I feel a little better but still having contractions and now I have this almost unbearable ripping/pulling pain in my right pelvis area. It doesn't matter if Im sitting, standing, laying or walking it hurts so bad! It almost brings tears to my eyes and I have a very high pain tolerance. I have found a small amount of relief by sitting cross legged on the couch, but if I move at all its right back. I have had a c-section before, and the Doctor has said the baby is already really big, should I go in to the hospital? I am worried it may be my c-section scar.. Or maybe some weird labor pains?

What do you all think?

THANKS SO MUCH!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Samantha, if you are in that much pain, you need to at the very least call your doctor, if not go into the hospital to get checked. I'm sorry you are going through this. Good luck and let us know!
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
I say go to the hospital. You are only a month away and pain is never a good thing mixed with contractions.

Abbie
iVillage Member
I agree with PP's. You need to, at the least, call your doc.

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
I hope you decided to go in to get checked out. Let us know how it goes.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member

Well I did call, my doctor said to wait till I felt like my contractions were regular and close together to come in. I am still feeling contractions and a lot of pressure today, and get the ripping pain when I walk around, I called again just to tell them know it was still going on this morning, and my doctor was out in surgery, but the on call doctor said if I come in, he is going to give me meds to stop labor for "at least a week"...even though MY doctor said he would not stop it, due to the babies size, and me being high risk already. This is frustrating. I personally didnt thinkg 35 weeks was THAT early.. My c-section is sceduled for 4 weeks from now... my husabnd said he really isnt comfortable with me taking some random medication to stop labor, and we have researched and seen that some of hte medications given for that reason, arent even approved for stopping labor.  Is it wrong of me to feel like at this point, I would rather things just progress naturally instead of being given drugs to hold off a week?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
It's NOT that early. It's not optimal for you to deliver now, but if your body is acting up, GO IN. Don't talk to anyone - sometimes medical professionals have to "see it to believe it."

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member

If it is still happening I would call the office again and if your doc is still out I would go to the L&D floor at the hospital your are going to deliver at. I know this is probably not it BUT since you had a prior C-section there is a chance the scar is getting irritated and something might need to be done. Contractions and some sharp pains are normal at this stage, but if it is for more than a day it could be something else. I would rather play it safe than have an emergancy.

iVillage Member
i knew I was in labor last time when I felt regular contractions 5-6 minutes apart and had pain with them (also had been losing my mucus plug with bloody show for a couple of days). Even though they weren't "close together" by doctor's standards, they never did get "close together" on their own. I was already 7 cm dilated when I went in and progressed to 8 or 9 with that 5-6 minute contraction interval until the nurses decided it was time to put things into fast forward and get me to a 10. I guess they needed the room for someone else that day. So they started me on pitocin, which got them closer together to their liking and sped things up. But I wouldn't want to be walking around 7-8 cm dilated and not knowing it. KWIM? The doctor on call that morning expressed disbelief that I was really in labor until they checked me at the L&D and still couldn't believe that I was talking and laughing and seemed so comfortable during labor, so I would always listen to you own body and what it's telling you if you're in any doubt. If the doctor is brushing you off and you still feel like something isn't right (like I did last time around), go to the L&D. You might be turned away, but that's the worst that can happen. If you go in and you're in active labor, you'll be grateful you did. You can just tell them that you don't want to stop labor per your regular doctor's recommendations, right? Good luck!!! I hope everything is fine.
Lilypie Maternity tickers