35 week appointment

iVillage Member
35 week appointment
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 9:23pm

So, I had my appointment yesterday. Did the NST, and baby was sleeping, so I got to sit there for an hour until they were satisfied. They gave me juice half way through.  Heart rate looked great. One good contraction.  All is good.  I got my last dose of progesterone.  I told the OB about my contractions this weekend and he wasn't concerned. He did say that next week he will be out of town all week.  All I keep thinking is with my luck I will go into labor during that week and not have him deliver baby!  So,  now I have another reason why baby needs to stay in until 37 weeks, at least.  Oh, and I have been measuring 2 to 3 weeks ahead this whole time- at 33 weeks I was measuring at 36.  Yesterday I was 35 weeks and measured at 35.  I was surprised and then OB said that it was because baby had dropped. Oh, ya, I knew that, just didn't realize that I would get smaller.  Anyway, a good appointment, but a long one!

Also, isn't it about time to get a baby announcement folder up?

Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 8:56am
That's very good news! It sounds very similar to my appointment yesterday, but I didn't get the NST this week, I'll get it next week. Awesome, mama! Stay in until 37 weeks, little one.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:00am
Glad you had a good appointment.

Yes - it is time to get our birth announcement folder up. I'm guessing with the shift in hosting companies, we sort of got shuttled. I'll sent an email to remind them that, "HEY, WE'RE READY TO POP IN HERE!!!"

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 10:18am

Yay! I'm glad your appointment went well! Last week, I told my doctor he wasn't allowed to go on vacation until AFTER this baby is born :smileyvery-happy: My OB went on vacation when I was having my 1st, and he wound up 2 weeks late and 12 pounds... I won't be going through that again :smileywink:

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 1:36pm
Och! I cannot imagine a 12 pound newborn! My biggest was 7 1/2!
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 4:25pm

I am glad you had such a good appointment and the baby is doing so well. Lets hope he stays in there until 37 weeks!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 2:14pm
Glad you had a good appointment! And yay for measuring right where you're supposed to be! Hopefully that baby stays put for another couple of weeks so your doc can deliver when he gets back!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!