BH Contractions?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
BH Contractions?
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 10:16pm

IV is being wonky and not letting me sign in......this is Anna BTW.

So I've started having a lot of these.  I think they are minor, they don't get painful or anything, but sometimes they go on for the whole day.  I am concerned because I'm 19 weeks and I don't know if there is anything underlying that is causing them?

I'm not experienced with BH, I didn't have them with the last two.  

My appointment is next week, so I will ask the MW then.  What should I ask or expect?  I'm not due for an exam, but would she want to check my cervix?  I am resting and drinking lots of water when it happens.  I guess I just nervous.

TIA for your help :smileyhappy:

Anna

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 8:17am

I really don't have any experience with this. But I would think that she would want to check your cervix, since you're having them so frequently, just to make sure that its still high and that the os is stilled closed. Last time, when I told my dr that I was feeling crampy, he told me to do just what you have said you done, water and rest. Hope you feel better. Let us know how it goes.

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 3:01pm

Your dr. will definitely tell you to drink water and rest, preferably laying down on your side.  I have been having constant BH contractions since 14 weeks and it's been very hard.  The doctor has been checking my cervical length via u/s every two weeks, but now every week due to shortening.  The only real accurate way to check the length of your cervix is by a vaginal u/s.  The tech will also be able to make sure your cervix is not funneling and is closed. 

There's nothing the doctors can do for you to prevent the BH.  :smileysad:  Trust me, I've been to two different L&D, and have asked the dr at every visit.  They won't medicate me until I'm 24 weeks.  I have been on restrictions since 14 weeks which are: Don't lift items that require both hands, no exercising, no sex, and to lay down when the contractions start.  Now, since Monday when the u/s revealed my cervix is shorter, I am on Modified bed rest, with bed rest being the majority of the time.  Because of the problems, I have had to leave my job.  That's been very hard for me, as I loved the kids I was teaching. 

I'll say a prayer for you and the baby!  I hope you get an u/s to ease your mind, and I also hope your cervix is still long and closed!    =)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 10:56pm

That's so great you called, and the nurse was proactive!  I bet you feel relieved.  :smileyhappy:  

I find it very hard to drink water as it makes me nauseuous in abudance.  Ugh.  I rotate between water, decaffinated tea, juice, and allow myself one can coke a day.    

I'm so happy you called.  :smileyhappy:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker