Which soap or detergent can be best for cloth diaper?

iVillage Member
Which soap or detergent can be best for cloth diaper?
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 5:34am

Hello,

Can anyone tell me ,:smileyhappy:Which soap or detergent can be best for cloth diaper?

iVillage Member

Hi Sophiana,

Welcome!!  I think a lot of different soaps will work depending on your water (if it has a lot of minerals in it) and your washing machine (traditional or high efficiency).

I have pretty average water (not too many minerals) and a traditional top loading machine.  I have used Rockin Green powder and liked it ok.  I also used a couple of different eco-type detergents.  Now, I use Vaska unscented and really like it.  We have used it for a long time and have not had to strip the diapers.  I also throw in a little oxy-clean free if I need to deal with stains on the diaps.  I have also started using Funk Rock to do a prewash soak before anything else to control ammonia odor.

Hopefully some other moms will post about what they use and what their wash routine is like.  Hard water or soft?  Type of machine?

And here is a link to a chart that reviews many detergents that you might want to look at for cloth diapers.

http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/detergentchoices.htm

Hope that helps!!

iVillage Member

Agreed with the previous poster.  Many people, including myself, love Planet and Tiny Bubbles (which is especially for cloth diapers).  I've CD'd for a long time and it just depends on your water and all sorts of other factors. 

iVillage Member
Wheel soap or detergent is the best for cloth diaper.