Post Partum Support Belts

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Post Partum Support Belts
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 6:23am

Has anyone tried these? Or the after C-section support belt? Just wondering what your experiences were with them and if they helped at all.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:26pm

I didn't have a c-section but I used the Belly Bandit post partum. I don't know how it helped with my tummy but it definitely helped my back. I would recommend one for sure. 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:39am
The hang is the worst. I remember after my older DS was born, my mom and I were walking in to my follow up visit at the doctor and we heard something hilarious that these 2 guys were talking about (I can't even remember what it was). We both started belly laughing and it hurt SO bad I had to kneel down in the hallway because I thought my incision was going to rip open! So.. I dont recommend belly laughing if you are less than a week post partum! Ha ha
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:05am
I never tried them but I used a spandex tummy shaper I bought at Target and it helped. It kept everything in place for me. I found it most painful when my belly just kind of "hung" there while geting back to it's normal shape. The spandex helped keep everything in the right place so it was less painful.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 7:23am
I did. I'm not sure it really helped with the dreaded pooch, but it did make me much more comfortable as I was recovering from my c-section. I could tell a definite difference in how I felt while wearing vs while I wasn't.