Vision Loss

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Vision Loss
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 7:15am

I found out the possible cause of my eye problem. (Blurriness) .  .  Requires 10 minute surgical procedure is called a " Laser Iridotomy".  

1. Laser Iridotomy - Encyclopedia of Surgery
    Laser iridotomy is a surgical procedure that is performed on the eye to treat angle closure glaucoma, a condition of increased pressure in the front chamber ...

2. Sounds serious but doc says I should be able to drive home afterwards .  When I asked Could this be PD related. He answered, possibly.
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:22am

It is a very simple procedure.  Used to assist on those when I worked for an eye surgeon.  But interesting on it possible being PD related.  Mom has had some severe vision problems with seeing double and they say it is PD related and has always been border line glaucoma her whole life.  Now the pressures seem to be going up.  Mine has always been borderline too, but when I had it checked this summer it had went up a point.  Not much, but working in that business with a degree, I know it's not something to take lightly.  Do you currently use any eye drops for glaucoma?