5 days late, BFN, IUD...

iVillage Member
5 days late, BFN, IUD...
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:23am

That about sums it up. I have an average cycle length of 28 days. I'm currently on CD33 with no signs of AF showing up, but I've got an IUD in place. BFN this morning.

I have a history of severely complicated pregnancies, so we're preventing for a reason. If I am pregnant, an IUD would only make things even higher risk. Like, astronomically high. For that reason, I really hope I'm not pregnant.

On the other hand, I would love to have another child. If I am pregnant, I'll be praying with all my heart that it sticks and that I have a healthy pregnancy (which would be a first for me, despite four pregnancies.)

If I join you ladies, I'll be due June 17th, DH's birthday. :smileyhappy: That would be kinda sweet.

Click Here to visit my blog!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:48am

And wow! That sig is entirely out of date. DD is now 5, and DS is 4. I can't figure out how to change sigs now, though. It's been a long time since I've been to the boards.

ETA: Nevermind! I found the settings. :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:52am
I never had regular cycles on my IUD so maybe yours aren't either. I really wouldn't be worried. Iuds are known to decrease and stop periods altogether. If you really think you are call the doctor but IMO I would say your not preggers and the IUD is doing its job and your getting the side effects of the missing periods..

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:55am
Hi Mandy!

I agree that I'm probably not pregnant. I've got no real symptoms or anything...just late. However, I've got the Paragard IUD (copper). It's not hormonal, and it is not known to decrease periods. I've had it for three years now, and I've never missed a period and only been late twice (4 days once and 7 days once). This is, most likely, just another blip on the screen. But there's always that, "Oh my goodness! What if??" feeling when you're nearly a week late.

:smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 7:53am
Started today! Feeling very relieved. Congrats to all the BFPs and Happy and Healthy 9 Months to you all! :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 10:56am
I'm glad that you got the answer you wanted :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:33pm

Congrats on your BFP!

I'm in a similar boat, I'm on the pill, have all the crazy symptoms of pregnancy but BEFORE AF is due, it should normally come Monday, I did two HPT that turned negative already, but considering how poor quality the ones on the market in Idnia are not surprised....I would be shocked to not be pregnant at this point really.
I read that ladies that got pregnant on contraceptive method can take longer to get a BFP than other though.