Let's Have some Whine and Cheese, Shall we?!

iVillage Member
Let's Have some Whine and Cheese, Shall we?!
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:52am

I just need another safe place to vent.  Feel free to chime in.  I'm more than happy to pass the platter!

DH is killing me a little.  We've had a financial project that he needed to work on (because he seriously won't let me handle it - probably because I'd just TAKE IT TO THE ACCOUNTANT) that he has been procrastinating on.  Now, we've his some deadlines and he's stressing out.  And he's taking it out on me.  Last night, while he was working on it, he wanted ONE PIECE OF PAPER that I have never seen in my life.  And he was mad AT ME because he couldn't find ONE PIECE OF PAPER that was clearly his doing.  I had to resist the urge to punch him in the throat.  He kept me up past midnight with that ONE PIECE OF PAPER.  He finanlly found it in his briefcase.  I just started crying.  Men are such a pain sometimes. 

Also on the DH note - all of our baby gear has been in the shop attached to the barn.  It needs to be blown off with the air compressor and brought into the house so I can clean it up.  We are having a baby in 5 and a half weeks, you know.  Uh....he has TWO air compressors.  But they aren't the ones that he wants to use to get the job done.  So, he ordered a new one and it should be here in three or four weeks and then he'll do it.  I hope he doesn't mind that I replaced his nasal saline with hot sauce. 

Sleep?  What's that? I honestly don't remember. 

Ok...*passes the platter* I feel better now.

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member

Oh yeah...my wrists are starting to act up. I guess carpal tunnel caused by some swelling.  They tingle and I wake up in the night with my hands asleep.  Not pleasant, but at least it just now started. A friend of mine, due this month, had this start a few months ago.  I've increased my protein, so hopefully this will help.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member

I'm still just whining about the same thing...ow my back my back my back!  One day is good, next day is not.  Heartburn... I'm fine during the day, but one wrong move at night and I'm up every hour trying sit up higher to keep the fire from coming out my mouth and synging DH's hair.  lol  But it's not every night, luckily.

I'm still trying to sell my house and this guy I'm negotiating with right now tried a scare tactic with a low offer, came up a little bit over the course of a few days and then gave his final offer...I countered, he said no.  I know it's a buyer's market, but I can't give it away.  Then, he said if I changed my mind over the next week...So, I figured I'd hear back yesterday or today with another offer...and I did.  I didn't accept his offer.  He's playing hard ball.  We've been at this for almost 3 weeks!  And now I'm just waiting to hear back.  I'm at my lowest possible amount.  He needs to just buy it so I can stop stressing every dang month over having to pay for a house and rent! My baby shower is Sunday.  This would be the perfect shower gift!!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Bless your heart, honey - that just sounds AWFUL!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:57pm
All I have to say is HOLY HEMOROIDS!
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
gafirewife wrote:

Okay, I'm done now. I guess I'll let my husband stay inside for now, but he'd better step it up or he's not going to have any clean boxers to wear in a few days ;-)

Next...

It's tempting to just say "Turn them wrong side out and you're good as new."

iVillage Member
Okay, I'll jump in on this one, because if I don't vent somewhere, I may end up making my husband sleep in the front porch!

So yesterday was like the ONLY day in almost two weeks that he has been around during the day to help with the kids. The big kids are out on fall break for a week and a half, so it's been crazy around here. Wednesdays are our grocery shopping days, so I ended up having to take all four kids to two different stores to do our shopping. No big deal, I guess, it's not like I didn't do it all summer long. Anyway, he called to tell me he was out of class early and that he was going to meet us at the grocery store to help out. "Great!", I thought, relieved to have some help. Boy was I wrong! He just ended up fussing at the kids and making the two younger ones cry, then he fussed at me because I was upset because in the midst of trying to get them all in the store before he got there, I dropped my phone in the parking lot and cracked the screen. He said he didn't understand why I've been so snappy lately. Um, HELLO! I'm 36 weeks pregnant, tired as hell, feel like a beached whale, and have been dealing with a house full of fighting kids since last Friday.

Oh, and I left him with the kids for a few hours while I ran to two appointments yesterday afternoon, hoping that maybe he would put away a load of laundry or something. But no. He dumped all the laundry on the loveseat and left it there. He did manage to put a frozen lasagna in the oven though, so I guess I should at least give him credit for that. I am trying to understand that he is tired from working so many days in a row and from going to school on top of that, but I'm tired too! And just a little bit of help would have been nice. Oh well, guess the laundry will keep me occupied later tonight since he'll be at work until late anyway.

Okay, I'm done now. I guess I'll let my husband stay inside for now, but he'd better step it up or he's not going to have any clean boxers to wear in a few days ;-)

Next...

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member

Aww! Im so sorry you are dealing with this! My husband hasn't procrastinated AT ALL, he doesn't have that ability I don't think.... He has drove me nuts trying to get EVERYTHING ready WAY early. We have had everything bought AND SET UP for MONTHS now, because he can't stand waiting to do anything. I went to a huge sale, with a ton of great deals in September... It was a twice a year consignment sale that is always AMAZING! Well I wanted to wait till them to get stuff, because I didn't really feel like everything needed to be brand new, but he just HAD to get everything before then. Since I was about 5 months pregnant, he has acted like the baby was coming home any day... Its a little annoying.

Other than that, I just have a few small things to complain about.....

One, my mother is driving me crazy... She sends me, no exaggeration, probably 10 texts a day asking if the baby is coming today... I have no idea..Away don't you ask him. THEN she called to tell me he CAN NOT come on Friday, because she is going out of town..She also has given me a long list of other days he CAN NOT come on.... Well I don't really get to pick..... I think she has forgotten that.

Next..I have an aunt who thinks she is a doctor! If I post anything on facebook about where me and my husband are eating or what we are doing, she always has some little comment about it... I said something about I was trying ONE salt and vinegar pork skin, and she went on this BIG rant about how I need to watch my salt intake... I said last week that I tried one of Dairy Queen's frozen hot chocolates and it was really good..She said she can't believe I would eat something like that while pregnant and it is soooo bad.. Then went on about how I will be huge after this baby is born. Little does she know.... I rarely eat salty stuff.. My blood pressure is low sometimes, and my OB said when I feel dizzy, eat something salty to help me feel better, that was what the ONE pork skin was for.... And me and DH got a size small frozen hot chocolate and shared it... I don't think having a treat no and then is bad.... Today she posted her dryer quit working.. And I so wanted to say "Well you shouldn't try to shove so much clothes in it, that is what tears them up. I don't know what makes you think you can get another one they just cost so much!" cause that is exactly what she would say to me!.But I didn't.

And Last.....

My landlord is a lunatic! She was beating on my door yesterday afternoon because she was down in the basement and found a sock by the dryer and wanted to remind me that I MUST bring all clothing back upstairs... Like I left the sock there on purpose to cause her grief.... I wanted to throw a whole load of clothes down the stairs and leave them there!

LOL Thanks all I have!

NEXT!!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I'm just all about non-violent rebellion. If you consider short sheeting his side of the bed and giving him four day old coffee non-violent, that is! I think I'll just get my DS to help me this weekend. He's forced to bow to Momma's will until he has his own woman to deal with!!!

iVillage Member

Oh no!!!

Husbands are SUCH pains in the butt sometimes, and they have zero idea what their "quirks" do to us :smileyfrustrated: I just can't believe he won't just take care of the baby gear! I'd be so tempted to say, "get your butt out there and get it done, or I'm buying all new stuff,,, your choice!"

Yes, I'm bad like that :smileyvery-happy:

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40