Drinking Caffeine During Pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Drinking Caffeine During Pregnancy?
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 10:46am

What do you think?  How do you feel about drinking caffeine during pregnancy? Will you be cutting down the amount of caffeine you drink?

Women can drink a cup of coffee or one soft drink a day during pregnancy and not worry that it might put them at risk of miscarriage or preterm birth, according to new guidelines released by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.

Read the entire article here- http://www.ivillage.com/moderate-caffeine-intake-s​afe-during-pregnancy-experts-say/4-a-229488?ice=i...

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 3:19pm
I'm not a coffee or soda drinker but I do live on Crystal Light Iced Tea so I've stocked up on the Decaf variety.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 5:44am

Never been much of a coffee drinker, so not a problem , I usually drink a cup or two of tea a day, but this time around I haven't been able to drink more than a few sip for the past week without a uck factor kicking in, this is actually what drives me Banana because AF isn't due until the coming Monday, but i have been having pregnancy symptoms that all added up slowly, queazyness kicked in last Sunday.
I'm a tea lover, I enjoy different flavours and all those who know me know I can't do without my morning cup, I've been a tea drinker since my teens, so it it downright crazy for me to find it yucky without a good pregnancy reason, I found it hard to stomach with my daughter too, but not as bad as now!
However I drank one or two 12oz can of diet coke this week because frankly that's the only thing that didn't sound revolting in my fridge.

Powered by CGISpy.com

My Adventures

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 10:14am
I cut it all out after ovulation. And before that i was limiting it while TTC.

I get decaf when I am really craving the taste of my favorite mocha. And sprite or Sierra mist when I am
Craving a soda.