Nesting again!!! Nursery theme decided!!!!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Nesting again!!! Nursery theme decided!!!!
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 10:59am

Yippe!!! I'm so excited! Before I was kind of bummed out because I wasn't able to do a "nursery". The baby will be in our room for the first few weeks/months and will then be sharing a room with DS (5yrs old). DS currently has an "army" theme bedroom and while very cute.... just didn't seem "right" for baby too. 

I recently got a major nesting urge and re-did my entire bedroom because suddenly it just wasnt "good enough" to have a newborn in (like they really care... lol). I transformed my very blah and boring bedroom into a very peaceful, tranquil room. Dark gray wall, white molding, white bedding, sheer white curtains, teal and navy accents. I absolutely love it! And the best part was the whole DIY project cost under $100.

Now.... I just got the great  idea to redo baby/DS's room into a jungle theme!!! I've been pinning like crazy on pintrest!!! I think DS will LOVE the new room and jungle is so universal that I should be able to combine baby and big boy into one and still have it look great!!! yay!!  

Anybody else have a nursery theme picked out????

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 12:58pm

A jungle theme sounds great!  there's so much you can do and use creativity with that theme!  Have fun with it and share some pics when it's all done!

I'm still waiting to find out boy/girl but I know I'm doing gray walls either way and then teal blue for boy and probably lavender for girl.  I;m thinking airplanes for boy and either butterflies or flowers for girl.  Once I know gender I will hit the store to look at stencils.  I want to stencil on the 2 white dressers according to theme.

Fun, fun!

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 3:12pm

That sounds GREAT!!!!   Wooohooo!  =)

We will be redoing our room, too.  We've been in this house for almost 7 years, and have never repainted our room.  It's time for a change. 

The nursery walls will be a light gray, with a painted white tree with pink flowers on the wall.  We have white trim, and will have white furniture.  The bedding will be light pink.  At BRU, I found a beautiful blanket with small light gray/light pink birds on it, so that's what I'm creating the nursery around. 

Of course, I probably won't get to do any of it, since I'm on restrictions/bedrest.  I've told DH he'll be doing all the painting. 

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker