Destiny's Time For Change Journal

iVillage Member
Destiny's Time For Change Journal
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 11:15am

Hello! Long time no "see"! 

My back story, for those who don't know me- I began South Beach in September of 2007 and it worked great! I was able to maintain a healthy weight of around 145 lbs or less, for a very long time. Then I got pregnant with my beautiful daughter, got HUGE, and lost the 50 pounds I gained during pregnancy-yay! But on my daughter's first brithday, I lost my mother very suddenly to cancer and it took a toll on me. I threw myself into motherhood and pretty much left my health and good habits in the dust. Almost a year later I have gained almost 25 pounds and today I decided that I am finished pretending that I am not overweight. I don't like buying clothing that "hides' and I don't like relying on Spanx and granny-panties to hold everything in. I was in pretty damn good shape 2 years ago and I want that back. SO! Here I am and I am getting back in the saddle.

My game plan is to start Phase 1 on Sunday so that I have time to meal plan and shop, and with the exception of a wine tasting event in the next  week, I should be good to go. In the days prior to Sunday, I vow to treat myself as well as I can. I will begin journaling today, just to get back into the habit. Deep breath...and here we go! Thanks for listening!

Starting Weight: 169

Excercise- 2 mile walk with dog, 1 hr Hot Yoga

Breakfast: 1/2 whole grain bagel w/ 1 tblsp pnb, coffee w/ milk

Snack: None

Lunch: cup of homemade Potato and Leek Soup (sub white sweet potatoes)

Snack: sliced green pepper

Dinner: Mediterranean Beef Stew

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:41pm
Welcome back! Love all of your pics on FB.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 7:26am
Welcome back Destiny ! You will reach your goals ! I missed seeing your recipies / meal ideas . I am sure Lo is huge by now . Meg
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:17am

Thank you ladies! I'm glad I came back. It has already made me more cognizant of my eating and meal planning.

Meg- Lo is SO big haha! Here is a picture of us from a wedding last month:

267268_3516215518651_2092364864_n.jpg

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:36am

I *love* my Hot Yoga class so much! I swear I sleep the best on the nights I take that class. I have created my meal plan for the next week and now I need to come up with an exercise schedule. The dog gets walked every day no matter what, so it is a matter of coming up with the second workout that will fit into my schedule. Remember the days when walking the dog would have been enough? Yeah, neither do I.....

Excercise- 2 mile walk with the dog, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred ( I have no idea when this is going to fit in, but it's only 20 min. so there is really no reason I can't make it work)

Breakfast: Green Eggs and Ham Mug, side of Tomato and Pepper Salad, coffee w/ milk

Snack: Cheese stick

Lunch: cup of homemade Potato and Leek Soup (sub white sweet potatoes)

Snack: 

Dinner: Grilled chicken, bacon ranch salad w/ lots of veggies and a sprinkle of shredded cheddar

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:46am
Welcome back Destiny!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 1:36pm

Welcome back, Destiny!  Great to see you again.  That's a really cute pic of you and Lo, and how on earth is she that big already?

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 6:53am

Welcome back. I love the pic, you both look beautiful. Scary how fast they grow up.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 12:46pm

Thank you ladies!!! And talk about growing up fast- Cammy and Lisa! Your children are beautiful and getting SO big!

So today is the start of Phase 1 for me. I am hoping this is what my body needs to kick it back into weight-loss mode! It is really important to get my weight back down as we have recently started "trying" for baby #2 and knowing how much weight I gained with the first, well, the thought of adding that to my current weight just scares the bajeezus out of me! 

Phase 1- Day 1

Excercise- 1 hr Hot Yoga

Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg w/ chivesand a link of sausage, coffee w/ milk

Lunch: Sausage White Bean and Kale Soup

Snack: cheese stick

Dinner: Grilled sirloin w/ a sprinkle of low fat gorganzola, Balsamic Roasted Carrots and Brussel Sprouts with Bacon

Recipe Review- The Mediterranean Stew was so yummy! Leftovers were inhaled by my hubby the next day. Will definitely make it again. It would be really nice served over Garlic Smashed Sweet Potatoes (I prefer white sweet potatoes)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:08am

Slept great, woke up refreshed and ready to take on the day! I admit my breakfast choice was lame, but I did not get to make the mini-quiche that I wanted to last night. Instead I sewed sofa cushions that my dog decided to gnaw on while I was at yoga. grrrrr.....I really wanted to peek at the scale, but I think I will hold off until next Sunday and give it a full week for these changes to start taking affect.

Phase 1- Day 2

Excercise- 2 miles with dog

Breakfast: three slices deli turkey, coffee w/ skim milk

Snack: leftover roasted brussel sprouts and carrots

Lunch: Sausage White Bean and Kale Soup

Snack: cheese stick

Dinner: Lamb and Cauliflower Curry, Indian Style Spiced Green Beans

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 8:51am

Phase 1- Day 3

Excercise- 5K with the dog, hoping to do 1 hr of Flow Yoga if I can fit it in

Breakfast: Turkey cheese roll-ups, coffee w/ milk

Lunch: Sausage White Bean and Kale Soup

Snack: small handful of cashews

Dinner: Szechuan Eggplant and Pork in lettuce wraps, Mushrooms and Green Beans (make sure your Hoisin sauce is sugar free)

Photobucket

Pages