Destiny's Time For Change Journal

iVillage Member
Destiny's Time For Change Journal
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 11:15am

Hello! Long time no "see"! 

My back story, for those who don't know me- I began South Beach in September of 2007 and it worked great! I was able to maintain a healthy weight of around 145 lbs or less, for a very long time. Then I got pregnant with my beautiful daughter, got HUGE, and lost the 50 pounds I gained during pregnancy-yay! But on my daughter's first brithday, I lost my mother very suddenly to cancer and it took a toll on me. I threw myself into motherhood and pretty much left my health and good habits in the dust. Almost a year later I have gained almost 25 pounds and today I decided that I am finished pretending that I am not overweight. I don't like buying clothing that "hides' and I don't like relying on Spanx and granny-panties to hold everything in. I was in pretty damn good shape 2 years ago and I want that back. SO! Here I am and I am getting back in the saddle.

My game plan is to start Phase 1 on Sunday so that I have time to meal plan and shop, and with the exception of a wine tasting event in the next  week, I should be good to go. In the days prior to Sunday, I vow to treat myself as well as I can. I will begin journaling today, just to get back into the habit. Deep breath...and here we go! Thanks for listening!

Starting Weight: 169

Excercise- 2 mile walk with dog, 1 hr Hot Yoga

Breakfast: 1/2 whole grain bagel w/ 1 tblsp pnb, coffee w/ milk

Snack: None

Lunch: cup of homemade Potato and Leek Soup (sub white sweet potatoes)

Snack: sliced green pepper

Dinner: Mediterranean Beef Stew

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 2:30pm

I'm also having a hard time logging in, I have to enter my info 2-3 times. 

My scale isn't moving either so we'll both keep plugging away at it. I used to easily be able to stay in the 140's and I haven't seen that number in a long time. 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 12:12pm
Yeah the 140's...I have no idea what those numbers look like anymore, or if my scale even goes down that low at this point. haha! I know we can do it Lisa, the rest of our body just needs to catch up with our brain!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 12:17pm

Weight: DNW (I am boycotting the scale right now)

Excercise- 2 mile walk with dog, 1 hr Hot Yoga

Breakfast: Chocolate banana smoothie,  coffee w/ milk

Snack: None

Lunch: cup of homemade Minnestrone

Snack: 

Dinner: Classic Stuffed Peppers over Garlic Smashed White Sweet Potatoes

Photobucket

Pages