Destiny's Time For Change Journal

iVillage Member
Destiny's Time For Change Journal
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 11:15am

Hello! Long time no "see"! 

My back story, for those who don't know me- I began South Beach in September of 2007 and it worked great! I was able to maintain a healthy weight of around 145 lbs or less, for a very long time. Then I got pregnant with my beautiful daughter, got HUGE, and lost the 50 pounds I gained during pregnancy-yay! But on my daughter's first brithday, I lost my mother very suddenly to cancer and it took a toll on me. I threw myself into motherhood and pretty much left my health and good habits in the dust. Almost a year later I have gained almost 25 pounds and today I decided that I am finished pretending that I am not overweight. I don't like buying clothing that "hides' and I don't like relying on Spanx and granny-panties to hold everything in. I was in pretty damn good shape 2 years ago and I want that back. SO! Here I am and I am getting back in the saddle.

My game plan is to start Phase 1 on Sunday so that I have time to meal plan and shop, and with the exception of a wine tasting event in the next  week, I should be good to go. In the days prior to Sunday, I vow to treat myself as well as I can. I will begin journaling today, just to get back into the habit. Deep breath...and here we go! Thanks for listening!

Starting Weight: 169

Excercise- 2 mile walk with dog, 1 hr Hot Yoga

Breakfast: 1/2 whole grain bagel w/ 1 tblsp pnb, coffee w/ milk

Snack: None

Lunch: cup of homemade Potato and Leek Soup (sub white sweet potatoes)

Snack: sliced green pepper

Dinner: Mediterranean Beef Stew

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 12:17pm

Weight: DNW (I am boycotting the scale right now)

Excercise- 2 mile walk with dog, 1 hr Hot Yoga

Breakfast: Chocolate banana smoothie,  coffee w/ milk

Snack: None

Lunch: cup of homemade Minnestrone

Snack: 

Dinner: Classic Stuffed Peppers over Garlic Smashed White Sweet Potatoes

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 12:12pm
Yeah the 140's...I have no idea what those numbers look like anymore, or if my scale even goes down that low at this point. haha! I know we can do it Lisa, the rest of our body just needs to catch up with our brain!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 2:30pm

I'm also having a hard time logging in, I have to enter my info 2-3 times. 

My scale isn't moving either so we'll both keep plugging away at it. I used to easily be able to stay in the 140's and I haven't seen that number in a long time. 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 9:01am

I found my scale, but my weight has not budged. This is going to be quite a battle I can see! Just need to keep on keeping on!

Weight: 165 

Excercise- 2 mile walk with the dog

Breakfast: strawberry banana smoothie, coffee w/ skim milk

Snack: none

Lunch: Homemade Minnestrone

Snack: Latte w/ skim milk

Dinner: We ended up getting pizza last night as my yoga class ran over (I had soup) so the chicken must be used tonight. I'm thinking of making grilled jerk chicken and black beans w/ coconut rice though....the thai isn't really doing it for me.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 11:56am

Weight:DNW

Excercise- 2 mile walk with the dog, 1 hr Flow Yoga class

Breakfast: scramble w/ diced ham, green peppers and red onion, side of sliced strawberries, coffee w/ skim milk

Lunch: Haluski ( used a combo of olive oil and smart balance, whole wheat noodles and extra cabbage)

Dinner: Thai Red Curry Chicken

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 8:55am

Is it just me of is anyone else having a really hard time logging on to this site? I keep having to re-enter my password over and over and never get to the "Add new comment" screen.  Anyway here I am. My scale has gone missing. It was shuffled away somewhere while we finished up our bathroom re-do (so close to being done! Just some final caulking and the trim work- hooray!) and now I can't find it...probably a good thing because my eating was totally out of whack this weekend. Friday was a huge sandwich for lunch/ pasta for dinner carb fest. Saturday was back on track and then Sunday I started cleaning at 9am and didn't sit down until 5pm and somehow forgot to eat...geez. 

Weight:DNW

Excercise- 2 mile walk with the dog, 8 minute abs

Breakfast: sliced turkey keilbasa and cubed low fat cheddar, V8, coffee w/ skim milk

Lunch: Homemade Slowcooker Minestrone (I only added 1 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni)

Dinner: Grilled Honey-Mustard Roast Pork Loin with Bacon (I don't use 12 slices of bacon because I don't overlap...turns out to be more like 6 for the size loin I have. also sub agave for the honey), arugula salad, Brown Rice and Mushroom "Risotto"

Quick recipe review: No one liked the orange chicken and broccoli, except me, again. I think when you are so used to the deep fried, corn syrup glazed version, the clean, light version just doesn't cut it. So tossing that one. The minestrone was crazy simple and very tasty. I added diced smoked ham, and garlic...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 9:40am

There are still so many without power around here. We have been inviting our friends over to shower and eat a hot meal. Chad ran to the store for me for something yesterday and he said the bread aisle was completely empty. Gas is getting to be a hot commodity too as there are so many stations without power. It is starting to get cold around here too! Hot Yoga is going to feel good tonight....

Weight: 164 

Excercise- 2 mile walk with the dog, 1 hr Hot Yoga

Breakfast: Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie, coffee w/ skim milk

Lunch: Leftover shredded pork w/ BBQ sauce, roasted green beans and tomatoes

Snack: latte w/ skim

Dinner: Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry over brown rice

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 9:33am
Thanks Cathy- I was glad to read on Facebook that you were doing well too. I can only imagine what Manhatten looks like from your perspective.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 5:37pm
Glad you're ok Destiny.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 9:18am

I hope everyone on the east coast survived Sandy! We lost power for a little less than a day, but had invested in a generator after the freak October snow-storm last year, so we were pretty set. My poor neighbors had a chunk of their roof torn off and a section of their fence blew away, so over-all I am feeling very lucky.

Weight: 164 

Excercise- 2 mile walk with the dog, 8 minute abs

Breakfast: Chocolate Banana Smoothie (this takes me forever and a day to finish!), coffee w/ skim milk

Lunch: Homemade Beef and Vegetable Soup 

Snack: 

Dinner: Moussaka and Greek Salad (using low fat crumbled feta and omitting the pita)

Photobucket

Pages