JC Penny/Matrix Casting

iVillage Member
JC Penny/Matrix Casting
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 11:36am

Did anyone attend this casting yesterday? Would love to hear how the panel questioned other kids to gauge how mine did.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 3:51pm

They said it was for a hair show--most of the kids had really long hair, at least while we were there.  They didn't question my kid about the hair at all.  Just looked at the book, complimented us on the book, and asked age, what grade are you in, do you like modeling, etc.  There was a boy who went in before us that had....well I'll say...a lot of hair.  You would look at him and say-"he needs a haircut."  They did question him about how often he got his hair trimmed, etc.  Honestly I got the feeling they didn't have enough to work with on my child and I'm OK with that.  Was led to believe that they wouldn't not do anything drastic and would tell you at casting what they would want to do.  But based on the kids I saw (again, only while I was there) they seemed to be looking to transform someone!  What was your exp. like Coopits?  

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 5:21pm

We were told the children and parents would have to consent to having their kids' hair cut.  That left out both my 14 year old grdaughter and 10 year old gson.  They said no way!!!!   :smileymad:

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 8:35am

I did not take him, my husband did. Same questions, how long have you been modeling and what do you do for fun. Looking at his card (I forgot his book) and said thank you. He currently has shorter than his normal longer hair. I'm thinking they will choose boys with longer hair. What else can you do to make over a boy! GLTU.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:43am

lol--exactly!  Once I found out it was a hair show and not a print ad I kinda lost interest anyway.  Agent failed to mention that...