Question on Embryo adoption??

iVillage Member
Question on Embryo adoption??
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 3:34pm

Hi All:

I know that some companies provide financial assistance toward adoption....do they do this if you are adopting embryos as well?  My DH is interviewing soon with a new company, and of course I've already been scouring the internets for info regarding their insurance coverage!! LOL I have found that they reimburse $5000 for adoption expenses.  I'm just wondering if companies that normally reimburse for traditional adoption would do so for embryo adoption as well?

Thanks in advance! :smileyhappy:

Jemma (35) and DH, (37). Married October 13, 2007 and TTCing since April 2008. Dealing with PCOS, swollen tubes, and also MFI. Committing myself to getting healthy and losing weight in preparation for IVF later in 2012.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 1:54pm

I would seriously doubt that any insurance would help pay for embryo adoption expenses.   Embryo adoption is such a grey area, some states don't even have guidlines goverening embryo adoption.  On another note, some insurances might cover the cost of  transfering the embryo into your uterus and might cover the drugs.  It all depends on the company and what health coverage they provide.  Good Luck!!!

----"Never give up on something that you can't stop thinking about every second of every day."----

Chris 

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 2:30pm

That's a really interesting question! I don't think it would hurt to pursue it if possible, you could ask your insurance company for the details on adoption coverage and see what their wording says.