Moved to weekly appointments!

iVillage Member
Moved to weekly appointments!
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 4:52pm

I had my ob appointment yesterday and everything is looking good. I was having BH contractions so I was sitting in the chair instead of on the table with my DH sitting on the table. When she walked in she made the comment " I see you are trading places for today." Always nice when they joke around with you. My OB also has a nice round belly now!!! This is something I have been suspecting for a while but yesterday it was really hard to miss. I am just not sure how she can walk around in stilettos still.

I am now going weekly until my c-section to make sure everything is still smooth sailing until then. 

We also met our pediatrician yesterday. I like her a lot, although we did not see eye to eye on the Hep B vaccine at birth. She is letting us delay it until we go to the office at 1 week old (I have a 4 day hospital stay) since the booster will not be given until 2 months. 

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:31am
That's great, Katie! Glad you're comfortable with your OB and I'm glad you're sticking to your guns on your vax beliefs. It's such a personal decision, but I can tell you from experience, sticking to your guns is ALWAYS a good idea.
I delay vax for one reason and one reason only (I know they save lives, I've been to parts of the world that desperately need vax) my children react heavily. I'm talking run scary fevers and can't move react. You never know that kind of thing until you've been through it, but now, I do selectively delay for the health and safety of my kids. I think a heavy viral load is a bad idea at any time and I am way more than willing to make multiple trips to the doctor (who at this point knows my kids and the quirks they have and just lets her nurse vax them without an office visit) just to do it the best way.
Sorry for the soap box!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 2:12pm
Yay for weekly appointments! It's so close now, just a few weeks until we all get to meet our little ones! Glad you liked the pediatrician and she didn't give you too much grief on the vaccination issue!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!