18 Month - Just checking in

iVillage Member
18 Month - Just checking in
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 6:14pm

Hey...

So, here I am, 18 months of NC. Who would have thought that possible 24 months ago?  Not me, that's for sure.

I still read here occassionally when I need to remind myself of why I went through all of this, and for a much needed attitude adjustment; which I need plenty.  Life's good. My W and I are enjoying and supporting each other, work is moving forward, and I love being home to spend time with my son.  Sure, I have my ups and downs, but on the whole, I am in a substantially better place than I was two years ago.  I am more open, more attentive, more understanding, more centered, and more loving.  We've all been through the early days of NC, so we know how low and hard those days can be.  It's interesting to look back and mark the milestones of growth.  It's hard, but keep with it.  We all stuggle, but we all figureout how to make it through.

Now, there's a reason I am posting, right?  As I said, I have my ups and downs. I'd love to say that at 18 months out I don't have any of those "wants" that AlwaysLolly so concisely described in her post. I do. I have plenty of days where I think about her and wonder what she is up to, but the thoughts pass quickly and without incident.  I continue to be fortunate to not run into her physically at work, but our paths still cross virtually from time to time.  That happened today, I caught myself on one of those moments, so I came to EAS to see how everyone is coping.  Lolly's post resonated, so I thought the ONE thing I'd do differently today is to post a quick update. So, here I am. :-)

Anyway.  I am sending you all lots of love and support.

Keep committed, keep focused, and keep your NC.

MPV

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 7:47pm

Hey MPV!

Nice you dropped by to see how <wink>'others are coping' <wink>.  Ahhhh...just bustin' your chops :smileyhappy:

It's a great thing this Board....it will always be here to revisit whenever we feel a bit wobbly and need a little fortifying pick me up.

I'm really happy to hear you are back home and life is good...regardless of the ups and downs.

Drop by a little more often, will ya?

((hugs))

Clarity

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 7:56pm
Nice to see you MPV, and glad you are doing well.

Rain
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 11:30am

Hey, you fake Russian, you,

Don't have much to add except that in a way I'm glad to hear you still have your moments. I am at 10 months and sometimes I wonder whether those moments will ever go away. I try to tell myself when I'm in them that they will pass and I will be glad I LET them pass, but when you're in the trough of a wave, all you can see are the other waves coming, KWIM? And to keep reminding myself that

"Some prices are just too high, no matter how much you may want the prize. The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."

The next day, after a bad day, I often think, Thank God I didn't act on those feelings. Today would have been an even worse day, instead of sunny, beautiful, and clear. And I'm not talking about the weather.

--Birdsong

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 1:05pm

Hi MPOV,

It was great to read your update. Thanks for coming on and being so candid about the ups and downs. Congrats on the progress you made over the past 18 months.  I wish you continued healing and growth as you make your way further down the path.

E1

Whether you think you can or you think you can't you are probably right. A parrot can repeat what it has learned but the mark of true intelligence is applying what is learned.