Graduate School Widows! :D

iVillage Member
Graduate School Widows! :D
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 6:14pm

It's been a while since I've visited the boards, and this is actually the first time I ever stumbled upon this board so I thought I'd pop in and introduce myself.

I'm Juno (30), very happily married 6 years (been together 9) to DH (32) and have one DD (3). I'm a TA and soon-to-be PhD student and DH is a business executive. I guess you can tell by the subject line that DH is in grad school and I'm here killing time till he's done lol. He's in this super-intensive MBA program where they squeezed the entire thing into 13 months to accommodate their students' very busy schedules. Needless to say, this has made the schedule even busier! He works 8:00-6:00 (used to be 8:00-9:00) every day and then spends the rest of the day either studying or video-conferencing his research team to discuss assignments. He started in June and will finish next July. I'm not complaining, of course, because it's an amazing thing to do and he's doing such a wonderful job with his assignments and grades and stuff. I've been there and done that, and I know how tough graduate school can be, but GOD I'm bored! Romance is dead, and sex is on life support and he's tired all the time. I thought I'd come hang out with you ladies and see if there are any other grad school widows around here :smileyhappy:

And I swear to God if he doesn't get his act together next July and pamper the heck out of me (and let me pamper the heck out of him because he's too tired even for that) I'm going to castrate him!! :smileyvery-happy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 8:28am

Welcome to the board! I can't say that I've been in your shoes; my DH finished his Master's degree just before we got married. I can imagine it is difficult for all of you, especially with a child!

Just think...you're already a quarter of the way through the program!

Maybe you can carve out a date night, even if it consists of a pizza picnic on the living room floor. Anything to reconnect and focus on your time together, even if it has to be scheduled and short.

Hang in there!

RoseAnn

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:52pm

Welcome to the board :smileyhappy:

Yikes does sound like trying to set a date night might work.
Hopefully the time passes quickly <wink>
Good luck to you both :smileyhappy: