I told him I love him, his response is kinda confusing..

iVillage Member
I told him I love him, his response is kinda confusing..
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:48pm
So there is this guy I've been dating about a year and a half now, we live in different states, see each other every couple months. We are not a couple, although we enjoy each other very much and definitely feeling each other we are kinda just going with the flow. In the past we've talked about having children(he brought it up) about moving close to each other (he brought it up) he calls me wifey and sometimes his last name, I call him future husband, as u can see we are very corny lol. Anyways, I'm really falling for this man, he knows it, I tell him all the time. I know he likes me a lot as well. Well the other day we were texting each other. I can be very silly so I said "oh..my..god..! I think..I love you?!..this is weird..how's is this possible? I'm confused" very dramatic, I know lol, his response was "Your silly...I love ya too Ms.white lol" I'm confused on the I love "you" verses "ya" is there a difference? I mean it's not like we were ending a convo saying "ok love ya, love ya too" no, I was telling him I LOVE him.. What do y'all think? Was he indeed saying the same thing Orr something else, or am I looking too much into it?

Pages

iVillage Member

Actually, not all women worry about the "biological clock" - some don't want children at all.  And since women on the average live 3 - 5 years longer than men, we really should marry younger men to avoid prolonged widowhood! 

That the man should be older than the woman in a relationship is over-generalization and total hogwash!

(To put things in perspective, I have dated men over ten years younger and over ten years older.  I ended up marrying someone older because of we share a long list of the same hobbies/interests.  Some of the younger men, hoever,  were just as mature and redy to settle down).

iVillage Member

And now that I've already had my children I guess I could get a boy toy like Jennifer Lopez or Madonna.  lol  Seriously I'd have no problem dating a younger man (like 10 yrs) but I wouldn't go for someone young enough to be my son.

iVillage Member

I don't mean mismatched for a relationship. Not that there are younger mature men in their 20s, and not that relationships could be fulfilling if ages are mismatched. I meant in terms of settling down. Men are more comfortable with serious settling down when they are in their early 30s.

iVillage Member
^^^true :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member

I suggest you should follow your emotions. Go with the flow with this guy, test him emotionally and see how he reacts. I like guys that lead the relationship and that reacts and feels my emotions. You should make him feel that you didn't really like this "ya". See how he reacts. 

What do you think?

Sofia

iVillage Member

Maybe your guy just turned it into a joke because he had no idea how to react when you said it. Besides, saying it on the phone is not the best way to sense his emotional response. Engage in a more serious conversation with him and asked him about his real feelings... 

Pages