Newbie Here and frustrated

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Newbie Here and frustrated
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 9:56pm

Just wanted to drop a hello to everyone.  Lately, been stuck in a rut and not sure what to do about it.  All my friends have children and work and its very hard to get together.  Making friends is like an impossible task.  I have a fiance who is anything but a fiance.  I feel like I'm becoming depressed.  Just wanted to vent.  Thanks for listening.

Patty

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 10:41am

Hi Patty!  I'm glad you found our corner of the 'Village.  I'm Karen, I'm married and have a grown son.  I have two fur babies.

Why do you think finding friendship is so difficult?

siggy line

Community Leader
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 1:51pm

Hi Patty.  I'm Sue, and it's nice to "meet" you.  I'm sorry you're finding it difficult to make new friends and have someone you can hang out with.  I'd pretty much be like you, if I had time to even think about friends.  I'm real good with friends that I can email often and only see occasionally.  I just don't have time for the whole social scene thing!  You mentioned that you like to scrapbook and that you want to learn to knit.  Are there any craft or scrapbook stores in your area?  Often they hold crop nights, where you can bring your scrap stuff and work on pages with other scrappers.  That might be a way to make new friends.  Also, knitters like to get together and knit together.  I've seen a group at a coffee shop, and I know of a group in my area that gets together and knit and study the Bible at the same time.  Perhaps you could ask at a craft or yarn store and they could direct you on how to find such a group.  Is there a photography club in your area?  That would be a way to hook up with other hobbyists.  Google "your town camera club" and see what you find.

I hope you'll hang out with us.  Virtual friends are better than no friends at all, right?

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting