iVillage Member
Fun Friday!!!
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 8:09am

Whats up in your world?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 8:21am

Well this morning at home the power went out a few times. Long enough that I had to reset clocks... have no clue why.

I am at work now.  The cold has set in. The garden is dead.  Need to pull the last of the plants out this weekend if I can .

Lunch trip to the store to get supplies for tonights girl scout meeting.   One of the groups is doing chemical reactions and blowing things up.

Need to get my paychecks done. I didn't bother to do it last week cuz I was more excited and busy worrying about leaving :smileyhappy: so this week I get 2! :smileyhappy: LOL 

I must go to the grocery store either tonight or tomorrow. We are out of fresh stuffs-fruits veggies milk bread.

I picked the sketch last night for Smileys 10 month lay out. now tonight I hope to scrap them.

Thats all for now.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 8:41am

2 paychecks! That's a nice bonus Stacy, even if it isn't really - you know what I mean :smileyhappy: Blowing things up sounds fun!

I am spending the morning pulling the church Garden and my own. Most of mine has been pulled, just have a few pepper plants, one zucchini, and a bunch of poor dead coleus here. The church garden will take maybe an hour, mostly tomatoes left. And I need to drag a few tarps full of partially disintegrated cardboard from the school garden to the dumpster. The cardboard kept the weeds down and the soil moist when it was so hot so that was worth it.

I need to edit those photos for the Food Corps guys TODAY, they just need 5!

Work on my presentation - making calls today.

Be at the school for Mira's class during the walk-a-thon at the end of the day. Maybe take photos at Sarah's last Volleyball practice?

Pick up Natasha after crew (girl had to be at school at 7, will be there till almost 6, then has to be in the stands at the stadium at 7 - senior night so no time for halftime show so no uniform needed and we can all ride together). She is planning to stay for the whole game tonight!

Sarah has final volleyball practice then is going to a Gabby Douglas thing tonight with a bestie who has tickets and siblings who don't want to go!

Saturday we have piano lessons (Sarah's schedule finally allows her to have her lesson - I need to remember to pack something to do!), Natasha has one last Marching Band Contest I plan to watch and then a few hours of set crew after getting back to the school, and it is supposed to rain, so maybe I'll get some scrapping in too? If it doesn't rain I'll be helping clean out the basement to get the bikes in so we can clean out the garage to get the car in...

Michelle
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:04am
Busy one! I hope you get to scrap tonight. Gotta go look at those pictures!

&nb
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:05am
Another busy one for you, too! I kind of secretly hope it rains .... :smileywink:

&nb
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:13am

Overall the house looks pretty good, so I'm trying to decide if I go ahead and do the usual housekeeping this morning and do below surface stuff, or if I skip it.  I'll probably do some of both. 

Daddy is coming at 9 to run electricity for the new dryer, and I don't know if Mom is coming with him or not.  I invited her to, but nothing has been said.  If she *does,* I will be helping her learn how to do things on her lap top and phone.  If not, my list includes ...

cleaning

sermon prep -- which MUST happen, one way or another

scrapping clipboards and cards -- I have 12 hours to work with, but not 12 hours in which to play.  Does that make sense???? :smileywink:

I finished up the "I Spy" bottles!  34 boxed, and ready for sale!  YEAAAAAA! 

Sometime this evening, I need to make bake sale phone calls for an After Prom fundraiser at the end of the month.

That's all I've got.  Have a good one!

&nb
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:42am

I think we have a reasonably easy day.  Emilee has an end-of-season cross country meeting after school and then she is going to a friend's house to work on a project for English.  I have a meeting here at work at 4:00.  When it is over I will pick Em up and we will go home.  Leftover beef stew for supper.  Em has her piano lesson after supper--she didn't have her books with her yesterday.  :smileyfrustrated:  And then I think that is it.

Tomorrow Sarah has a volleyball game at 9:30.  Wish it was later so that I could sleep in a little more!

Karens siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 1:33pm
Ok ladies I have reviewed approximatley a dozen scrap retreats in the chicago area. the prices are crazy. I thought I had found the perfect one but its $500 a night! wow.

I will keep searching. so far no cabins close enough that have the right stuff...

I am operating under the assumption that no one wants to spend more than 100 for the weekend (thats what ky was). I think that we can probably find something for much less than that though....
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 3:27pm
Like a hotel and Archivers? Teehee :smileyhappy:
Michelle
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 3:33pm
I thought you said you didn't want to scrap at a store cuz of the shopping???
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 3:40pm
Ok MJ there are 6 archivers.
3 in the north (Gurnee, Niles, Algonquin), 2 in the west (Naperville, Downers) , and the southern one in Orland Park, I think this is the one I went to with Lauren. and appears to be the easiest for everyone to get to.

I am sure you and Missy know the city better than I do, so do you have an area preference? then I can hotel hunt! :smileyhappy:
Photobucket

Pages