Keeping myself busy...

iVillage Member
Keeping myself busy...
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 8:27am

I haven't been on here much lately.  I have been so darn busy (mostly intentionally!) to keep my mind off this pregnancy.  It is absolutely driving me insane to know what I am having!!!  One more week until my big u/s.  I am nesting like crazy putting my house in order and can't wait to tackle the baby clothes and start planning to decorate the nursery.  We moved into a large turn-of-the-century home on a small acreage about 7 months ago.  So much fun living out here, but so much work!  And just a couple months after the move, I find I'm pregnant and spent 3 months so sick I could hardly do anything.  I am embarrassed to say that I still feel like we are settling in and organizing.  I still have walk-in closets full of boxes to unpack!  (Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.)

So I have finally been trying to go through everything, pitching junk, making a pile to sell on ebay, making another to sell on craigslist, and basically just going nuts.

Mostly, I am just dying to see this baby.  I know several others are in similar situations, but this baby #4 was a COMPLETE surprise and although we are very excited about it, I am still really having a hard time wrapping my head around it.  There is really a baby in there???  It helps that I'm feeling baby move quite a bit, but I just want to finally see that baby on the screen.  I think it will really help me. 

7.  More.  Days. 

Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:40am

Haha...I can TOTALLY relate!  We just moved into a new home 7 months ago as well...although your place sounds much more peaceful and serene with all of that land.  Must be so nice.  I am still unpacking and sorting as well.  It seems as though once I try to organize I end up with more clutter that I don't know what to do with.  I work during the week as well and don't want to spend all weekend working on organizing the house....need to have some fun too!

Hoping the next 7 days fly by for you!  My u/s is Monday and I am going nuts just trying to keep it out of my mind and enjoy each day as it comes.  I'm also hoping that baby cooperates and doesn't keep his/her legs crossed like my middle son did!

Enjoy your day and good luck unpacking and clearing out the clutter!!  Can't wait for your gender update and, of course, healthy baby vibes headed your way!

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 11:42am
Ok, this is just weird because just like you said on one of my posts...I could have written that post! We just moved, I found out I'm pregnant with #4 and it was shocking, I was sick as a dog, I feel like my life will never settle after this move and I've had such a hard time wrapping my bead around his baby! I havent felt much movement so I really question sometimes whether I'm pregnant. Buy I will find out today. My big ultrasound is in 2 hours!! Im very excited and very nervous! Just keep busy and your time will be here before u know it!

Abbie
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 1:12pm

I have 7 more days as well and I feel totally the same way! It's driving me crazy! We tried today at my regular appointment and baby was curled into a ball. I am so scared that he/she won't cooperate next week. Then I don't know what I will do...other than totally cry my eyes out.