New To Weight Watchers Points Plus

iVillage Member
New To Weight Watchers Points Plus
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 8:40am

Hi Everyone!  I recently started WW, for the third time.  I am 66, retired, married.  I did WW back in the 70's when I didn't really need it. I didn't lose any weight so I quit.  It cost $1 per week back then.  Can you believe it?  LOL

About 5 or 6 years ago I tried WW online, but couldn't get into it.  Quit again.  Now my DIL, who doesn't need to lose, has joined and has inspired me to try it again.  God knows, I've tried everything else.  I've been going for 2 weeks and this time I'm sticking to it.  I've lost 7 lbs with many more to go.  After I finish this first month, I am going to quit and try doing it on my own.  On social security, I can't really afford $43 per month, and I don't feel that I'm getting much out of the meetings.  I could try a meeting at a different location, but then there would still be the money issue.  Does anyone here follow it on their own without the meetings and weigh-ins?  I really need to do this for my health, and so far my determination is coming from the fact that my husband doesn't think I'll do it.  He never had a weight problem and doesn't understand.  The only thing that bothers him is he says now I won't eat out, but that's not true.  I know how to eat out and stay on program.  In fact, it's better for me than eating at home, because at home, I cook what he likes, and adjust my eating accordingly.  If we eat out, we each can order what we want.  I have tried losing weight so many times.....I know what to do.  I think I have a "food counts" book embedded in my brain.  My problem is the determination to stick to it, and so far, I have that determination. 

I'm going to look around here and see what pointers I can pick up. 

Carol

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 8:27am
welcome

Welcome to the  board. It's wonderful to see you posting here and I hope that you will stick around and post more often.

Have you tried googling Weight Watcher's coupon?  When I first started I received a $13 coupon, but it only worked once.  Now I'm dropping down to etools and it is $34.95 for 3 months.  I have found that etools helps me alot, plus my leader says writing it down is pretty enlightening.  I plan on going to meetings in January, as they will have some new tweaks to the exsisting program.