Finally coming out of lurkerdom!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Finally coming out of lurkerdom!
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 8:43am

Hi Ladies!

I have been reading about your adventures since August and decided it was finally time to share mine with you all as well!  (Technology-phobia finally got beat out by the need for comradery!)  My name is Melissa - I am a SAH Mom of two beautiful girls ages 11 and 9.  We are expecting our third - a BIG surprise - at the end of March.  It took me a while to "wrap my mind around the yay", (mainly because I'd figured that this ship had sailed for us a while ago) but I am finally there and couldn't be happier.  I am 16 weeks along today, and found out yesterday that we will be having our first BOY!  Everyone in the family is so excited...  Hubby is happy to finally have some additional testosterone around the house!

I have no idea how do do all of that fancy stuff that so many of you talented ladies have floating around at the bottom of your posts (pictures and charts and such), but will perhaps have my tech-savvy husband help me out at some point!  Have a lovely weekend!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:53am

Hello Melissa!!!  So glad that you decided to join us!  Congratulations and welcome to the March 2013 EC.  I hope that you will pop in and join us in our discussions.  It's always great to have a lot of different perspectives.

2 girls and a boy....that is wonderful!  I have 3 boys so far...ages 15, 11 and 10.  I will find out the gender of this little peanut on Monday! 

Great to see you here and jump on in! :smileyhappy:

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 1:01pm

Welcome to the boad! Glad that you decided to join us! Many of us have older kids (myself included) and are starting over with a little one. Scary...but oh so exciting :-)

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 1:33pm

Welcome out of lurkdom!  :smileyhappy:  I think we're a really great group and I hope you find that to be true.  :smileyhappy:  Congrats on the boy!  I have three boys and found out at 16 weeks we are having a girl.  This pregnancy was a huge surprise as well (we were using double protection!).  It took me up to about 14 weeks to accept the pregnancy, and become excited.  :smileyhappy:

As far as the fancy tickers at the bottom of our screens go, you can find one you like, click on it, and it will take you to the website where it was made.  Making one is very easy!  :smileyhappy:  Once your ticker is complete, it will give you a HTML code.  All you do is copy that code, come over to your Ivillage account, find "Edit My Preferences" (hint: can be found on the right side of your page when logged into IV.)  Click on that, scroll down to Signature and paste the code in that box.  Once you click "Save," you're all done!  :smileyhappy:  I hope I didn't confuse you!  :smileyhappy:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker