Hope
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:21am

Sometimes, when I am down in that  dark and deep canyon

with black and swirling storm clouds over my head

dreading to live, wanting to die.

The blackness falling in on me,

smothering me.

There seems no chance of rescue

and if there was, the attempt would seem in vain.

Then someone reaches down to me,

holds out their hand

and without judgement or condemnation

pulls me slowly, steadily upwards towards the glimmer of light,

so very feint  yet still it is there

and I see Hope.

iVillage Member
In reply to: promiseplease
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:37am

Hi Promise and anyone else who is suffering..

I have discovered something called emotional freedom technique.. EFT.. I found some videos on Utube and its tapping on parts of the body ... hard to explain but if you google Utube and eft you will find the videos.. There are so many concerning different aspects of life.. They have ones on depression and I would think it could help..

So far I have done some on health and creating abundance and love in my life.. Well? I am having some bad sinus issues so I did the tapping for that and my sinuses are better.. I also did accepting love and abundance and I received a message from a man from a dating site I am on.. He said he wants to take me out sometime.. NOw I havent gotten a message on there in ages so i was pretty shocked when this guy actually wrote me some messages. He even gave me his phone number.

I also did the abundance love one and when I went to the store the other day I ran into a minister who was very nice and we talked about God and it was quite lovely time.. I also ran into some people who usually would not even look at me but they were very nice and friendly ..

I mean I dont think these are coincidences and I am going to keep tappping as they say... Have nothing to lose to try it  .. Not to take the place of medicaiton or therapy but to add for extra help..

take care

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 10:21am

Hey,

I have used EFT myself for my fear of the dark. It worked OK for me .

Love

Promise

Community Leader
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 10:50pm

Did you write this, Promise?

Hugs

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 10:24am

Yes, I did.

Love